From: Yao Konan on
Ok i have just a few tests which take a long time or fail on the the
TI92 series:
2 speed tests:
---------------------------
*taylor(tan(tanh(x))-tanh(tan(x)),x,7)
*(seq(seq(1/(sqrt(2*i+1)+I*sqrt(2*j+1)),i,1,4),j,1,4))^-1

A memory test:
----------------------
*randmat(60,60),to see if it can handle algebraic objects bigger than
32 KB

Limit of the exact mode for integer:
*300! and 450!

I is the imaginary number
sqrt stand for the square root function.

Btw,you said that one can only save documents,does that mean that one
can not manage variables and functions within a document ?
Does that also mean that you can save only one note session or
spreadsheet or plotting session per document ?

Thanks.

From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:37:45 -0500, Harold A. Climer wrote:

> My dad, now passed away, in his twenty five years of teaching
> spent his own money quite a few times on textbooks. workbooks,
> paper, pencils, etc for his classes, because the books provided
> by the school system were almost 10 years old.

"A teacher affects eternity;
he can never tell where his influence stops." [Henry Adams]

http://www.pbs.org/onlyateacher/about1.html

Best wishes from http://www.mum.edu
and http://www.maharishischooliowa.org
From: JB on

Hi Konan,
> For the programming i hope that there will be a way to program it in
> C++
Do you mean the tinspire might have a C++ compiler? That would be
really exciting! Tons of people have done C++ programming, myself
included, and if I could program the tinspire in C++ I would take a new
interest in programming calculators. I've been kind of bummed out on
programming calculators because when I switched from an 84 to the v200,
the programming wasn't the same and I don't want to have to learn new
programming techniques or languages every couple of years when I buy a
new calculator. But C++ on the tinspire would be a ++ for that
calculator. Then if they put 3D graphing on it and add some of the
missing functions like Laplace transforms and have some kind of plug in
memory stick, that would be awesome!!!

From: Jean-Yves Avenard on
Yao Konan wrote:
> What make you think that the TI-Nspire runs at over 100 Mhz ?
Being TI they are certainly using a TI ARM9 processor (omap family), all
of them can go over 100Mhz easily

> Anyway,i think that it is incredible because the NSpire certainly uses
> the same algorithms as the TI68k and BCD,yet it seems from 16 to almost
> 20 times faster than my TI92+ for BCD floating operations.
> So this means that TI has done quite a good job on the TI-Nspire
> software.

The TI92/89 is known to use an OS and software entirely programed in C.
So porting this software on N'spire would have been trivial. Much more
so than HP who would have to rewrite almost 100% of its code base.

The speed difference you're talking about is directly related to the
speed difference of a 68K processor vs an ARM9

JY
From: Jean-Yves Avenard on
Yao Konan wrote:
> However i am sure that TI is serious about replacing Derive by
> TI-NSpire thus either there will be 2 versions of the TI-NSpire or TI
What make you think that NSpire isn't using the Derive engine?
it could very well be the same math engine as the TI89/92.

They must have spent thousands of engineer days writing this software,
would be crazy not to leverage it in newer machine.

JY
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Prev: HP50g vs. Voyage 200
Next: HPUserEdit crash at launch