From: Michael Kuyumcu on
Hi,

on the programmability: it seems that you can use the provided
programming constructs in *functions only*. The catalog lists no TEXT
command, no DISP, and if you want information on the programming
constructs, you get the comment "Command for use in functions".

The programming constructs offered are:
Func...EndFunc
Local
If
If...Then...Endif
If...Then...Else...Endif
Elseif...Then
For...EndFor
While...EndWhile
Loop...EndLoop
Exit
Cycle
Return
GoTo Lbl
Insert New Line
Insert Comment (a small c within a circle)

Could you combine two or three of these commands for a test function
for me, please? So we know whether the programming functionality
actually works. Thanks!

Regards,
Michael Kuyumcu

From: Yao Konan on
Yes off course.
Let's try the iterative fibonnacci number computation:

Define Fib(n)=Func:
Local i,k1,k2,r
if n<1:return "Unknown value":0->k1:1->k2:
For i,1,n:k2->r:k1+k2->k2:r->k1:EndFor:Return k2:EndFor:
EndFunc

From: Yao Konan on
32 MB of RAM ?
I thought that the TI-NSpire had 16 MB of RAM and 20 MB of Flash ROM
availlabe for the user ?

From: Yao Konan on
Hi,

It seems that the Nspire accepts only functions and no programs in the
TI92 sense.
This is very annoying as functions as somehow limited compared to
programs.
On the TI92 series functions can not modify or create global variables.
They can't also use Dialog boxes or change System Settings or use
Command for things such as plotting,etc....
Moreover it seems that the TI-Nspire is case un sensitive like the
TI92.
Is there a limit to 8 characters for the variables names ?
Is it possible to create folders within a problem ?
Is there a tree directory structure for documents ?

I fear that there is no way to execute the program i gave.
The fact that it returns endprgm,means that it doesn't recognize the
structure otherwise it would returns Done and hello() would open a
Dialog Box.

From: Yao Konan on
Well i have done a slight error in my previous post, so the good
version:

Define Fib(n)=Func:
Local i,k1,k2,r
if n<1:
return "Unknown value":
0->k1:1->k2:
For i,1,n:
k2->r:
k1+k2->k2:r->k1:
EndFor:
Return k2:
EndFunc
Michael Kuyumcu a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> on the programmability: it seems that you can use the provided
> programming constructs in *functions only*. The catalog lists no TEXT
> command, no DISP, and if you want information on the programming
> constructs, you get the comment "Command for use in functions".
>
> The programming constructs offered are:
> Func...EndFunc
> Local
> If
> If...Then...Endif
> If...Then...Else...Endif
> Elseif...Then
> For...EndFor
> While...EndWhile
> Loop...EndLoop
> Exit
> Cycle
> Return
> GoTo Lbl
> Insert New Line
> Insert Comment (a small c within a circle)
>
> Could you combine two or three of these commands for a test function
> for me, please? So we know whether the programming functionality
> actually works. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Michael Kuyumcu
>

> Yao Konan wrote:
> > Hi Mr Kuyumcu,
> >
> > In fact i would just want to know 2 or 3 things if you have had the
> > time to slighty explore the tool:
> >
> > * Does it have 3D plotting at all ?
> > * Does it look notably faster than the TI89 Titanium ?
> > * Is it programmable at all ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Michael Kuyumcu a écrit :
> >
> > > Hi Yao Konan,
> > >
> > > thanks for your interest in the Nspire.
> > >
> > > I have not written any tests yet (it's very new), and if/when I should
> > > do so, it probably will be in German. I don't know whether or not I
> > > will publish that review online or only mail it to TI. Maybe I will
> > > publish a web URL on the HP group although it feels strange to annouce
> > > something about a competitor's product on the HP list.
> > >
> > > So there are a lot of maybe's here, and I don't know if I will find the
> > > time soon. As a teacher, there are many other things on my mind. I am
> > > sure you will understand.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Michael Kuyumcu

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: HP50g vs. Voyage 200
Next: HPUserEdit crash at launch