From: Yao Konan on
Wow again over 10 times faster the TI92+.
If the TI-Nspire is as relativelly as fast for all operations than it
is definitvelly a quantum leap from the TI89Ti/Voyage 200 in term of
performances.
It is too bad it doesn't have 3D plotting because with such a speed and
the grayscale levels high resolution screen,real time 3D rotation of
surfaces would be wonderful.
Btw have you down some speed tests on your own ?

From: Jean-Yves Avenard on
Michael Kuyumcu wrote:

>> That would mean that the TI-NSpire is more than 10 times faster than my
>> TI92+ on this problem.This is simply incredible !

you're comparing a 16 bits processor running at 12Mhz vs a 32bits RISC
processor running at over 100Mhz ...
It will likely be more than 10 times faster...

JY
From: Yao Konan on
What make you think that the TI-Nspire runs at over 100 Mhz ?
According to the education.ti site the NSpire CPU has over 6 times the
speed of the TI89TI CPU,so i would say that it should run at 75 Mhz
like the HP50G CPU and close to the ClassPad CPU.
Anyway,i think that it is incredible because the NSpire certainly uses
the same algorithms as the TI68k and BCD,yet it seems from 16 to almost
20 times faster than my TI92+ for BCD floating operations.
So this means that TI has done quite a good job on the TI-Nspire
software.

From: JB on

Yao Konan wrote:
> What make you think that the TI-Nspire runs at over 100 Mhz ?
> According to the education.ti site the NSpire CPU has over 6 times the
> speed of the TI89TI CPU,so i would say that it should run at 75 Mhz
> like the HP50G CPU and close to the ClassPad CPU.
> Anyway,i think that it is incredible because the NSpire certainly uses
> the same algorithms as the TI68k and BCD,yet it seems from 16 to almost
> 20 times faster than my TI92+ for BCD floating operations.
> So this means that TI has done quite a good job on the TI-Nspire
> software.
>
> Jean-Yves Avenard a écrit :

> > you're comparing a 16 bits processor running at 12Mhz vs a 32bits RISC
> > processor running at over 100Mhz ...
> > It will likely be more than 10 times faster...
> >
> > JY

HI Yao Konan, Now that you have had a peek at the tinspire, aside from
the disturbing lack of 3d plotting, how do you rate it? I'd rather
have the 3-d capability and more math capability such as Laplace
transforms than the extra speed. Of course having it all would be even
better. - JB

From: TW on
> HI Yao Konan, Now that you have had a peek at the tinspire, aside from
> the disturbing lack of 3d plotting, how do you rate it?

I think he is just commenting on what Michael was reporting.

TW

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Prev: HP50g vs. Voyage 200
Next: HPUserEdit crash at launch