First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
how do I figure out what's overheating?
My system will just completely power off after about 10-15 minutes of running, but I can open up the case side and put a box fan blowing directly on it and it will run for as long as I want. It's been working fine for about a year and just started doing this about a week ago. Unfortunately both the front and re... 13 Jan 2010 14:18
Situation normal... Re: Water spilled in PC - your thoughts?
Thanks everybody for your interest and comments. Incredibly, despite everything my husband and I did to try to fix the problem, the machine survived the ordeal and is running perfectly. I NEVER would have believed that was possible. I didn't have to replace a single component. Everything is running fine. ... 24 Jan 2010 06:46
What abt using an all in one computer as an HDTV?
I want a "smart" HDTV I was wondering the feasibility of using an all in one computer...the kind where the screen and electronics are one unit.... as a TV. My concern is the viewing angles of the displays. Do these all in one computers use the same wide view displays that small (23 inch) HDTV use? ... 12 Jan 2010 17:24
Searching for New Monitor
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 950p that is nearly 10 years old. Although it has served me well, it is on its last legs. So I am looking to replace it. I run XP Home and I have the following graphics card: MSI Radeon HD 3870 (PCI-e 2.0, 512MB) http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:PWhNvMcrQmwJ:reviews.cnet.com/... 2 Feb 2010 14:22
Asus Xonar: disabling DS3D GX [fixed]
1. Seems that it's the problem of ASIO4ALL. 1. Foobar2000 1.0 is out and now I could use foo_out_asio.dll without error. On 07-Jan-10 21:59, Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps) wrote: The audio card is Asus Xonar Essence STX. I noticed when I disabled DS3D GX (in order to play some old games wit... 12 Jan 2010 07:56
It boots! Re: Water spilled in PC - your thoughts?
Wow, it runs! Incredible. I left it open for a while with a fan nearby blowing in. The case is still open so it can breathe. ... 10 Jan 2010 09:38
Water spilled in PC - your thoughts?
Toolpackinmama here, My friends, never mind why I didn't know better than to perch the Captain Kirk water globe I got for Xmas on top of my computer. It was a narrow cylindrical water-filled teleporter that lit up n stuff, and I just wanted to look at it a lot, OK? I bumped my desk too hard when I clumsily st... 24 Jan 2010 06:46
need help with dual boot
Ok, I'm trying to install win7 as a dual-boot on a Vista system. I created a new drive using Vista partition manager (200gb) on a HD without the Vista OS and formatted it. Changed the first boot device in the BIOS to the DVD drive and reboot with the win7 disc in the drive. However, even though I hit enter when the... 12 Jan 2010 07:56
what sorts of external peripherals do you have connected to your computer?
We talk so much about PCs themselves, it's gotten me curious what sorts of external accessories and brands of accessories people have connected to their PCs. It's an under-discussed topic. I'll start off. First, my computer is a three year old Dell. Unforutantely not a homebuilt, but pretty heavily customized. ... 10 Jan 2010 14:05
Anyone want to recommend a good quality flash drive?
Anyone want to recommend a good quality flash drive? I am looking for an 8G one. ... 10 Jan 2010 02:06