First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Monitor blinks after virus removal
Several weeks ago I got a virus call MaCatte, which imitates a McAfee page. I probably picked it up in a program called crack.exe. Since eliminating it (with a combination of things I can't remember), I have an unusual problem with occasional monitor blinking. It's highly predictable with the Windows game called ... 1 Dec 2009 13:51
Molex to Sata power cable
Hi, I want to add a Sata HD to my Sata compatible system, but I know little about hardware. I found out that a free power cable has a Molex power connector and I found an adapter cable online, that's described as a "5.25" Molex to Sata adapter cable". I was wondering about the 5.25" description: the free ca... 24 Nov 2009 15:36
New Window 7 build
For the first time in quite a while, I'm assembling a primary desktop strictly to run Win 7 Ultimate (32-bit). I acquired the OS when I was a Technet subscriber and hadn't worked with 64-bit systems much, so 32-bit was my first choice. After reflection, I may eventually go the 64-bit Win 7 Professional route, b... 7 Dec 2009 12:52
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?
I just built a new machine and have been plagued with crashes. When I first ran MEMTEST on it, everything came out okay. Both sticks in bank 1 & 2 work fine (except for one set of errors when running it for 12 hours), and if they're in 3 & 4 they work fine, but in banks 2 & 4 I get errors. If I try one stick at ... 15 Dec 2009 22:14
System Utilities
Anyone try the free version of Glary Utilities? Looks good to me. Bad experiences or experiences with other tools are invited. Using Windows XP here. ... 20 Nov 2009 21:17
Police say father of Jackson accuser has killed himself
The man who accused pop star Michael Jackson of molesting his son in 1993 killed himself in his New Jersey condo earlier this month, police said. http://www.gossipness.com/police-say-father-of-jackson-accuser-has-killed-himself-16766.html ... 20 Nov 2009 19:03
Mobo vs PS problem
I'm trying to conceive of the mechanism behind this hardware problem even if I decide to not repair it, I would like to have a better understanding of what is going on. I've brought this problem up here before in a different form. Here is the hardware: mobo ECS 741GX-M2 which is a AMD socket A using a AMD Geod... 21 Nov 2009 20:19
PLEASE HELP:Need Help Building Modest System for poerson mainly Web Browsing=Low-End, no big demands?
The computer is 99% used for browsing websites, flash java, etc Hardly ever used for a Game of any kind but I want to replace it for the person so they could see a pretty big performance increase. Right now it's the following CPU Motherboard = ASUS A8S-X 939 SiS 756 ATX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as... 12 Nov 2009 21:51
Windows XP or Windows 7
Which would be faster on a 64 bit processor with 4 gigs of ram, Windows XP that can only use about 3 gigs of ram or Windows 7 that can use the full 4 gigs but would use more ram for the OS? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher gut... 14 Dec 2009 05:30
Uninstalling Drivers?
Have a Dell laptop that is acting a little odd. After installing the OS and everything I learn that the drivers are supposed to be installed in a particular order. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Thanks. ... 7 Nov 2009 03:53