First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Sprinkler Tee fitting stripped
My brother just discovered that one of the Tee fittings on our lawn sprinkler system is stripped. He says that the new nipple screws in part way and then just stops. The Tee has glue connections on two sides with a threaded female fitting on the top where a nipple for a sprinkler head screws in. The Tee is a... 7 Oct 2009 19:46
USB Legacy Support (BIOS) and HP C4345 USB Printer
I have an old HP Pavilion PC model hp4088hk. With USB Legacy Support enabled in the BIOS, and the printer powered on and connected to the PC, WinXP stopped at the boot loader prompt. I needed to either unplug the USB printer, or disable USB Legacy Support in the BIOS, in order to enter WinXP. Note that USB... 4 Oct 2009 01:19
No audio
I recently replaced a failed motherboard with an Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 board. Only one unexpected surprise - no audio. Figured no big deal I'll just use the supplied drivers disc. XP however says it can't find the drivers. Figuring I may have an imperfect disc I went to the Asrock website and downloaded th... 29 Sep 2009 22:02
New Netgear Router model WMR2000 Wireless N
Why do I get a low signal when the laptop is 2 feed from the router????? ... 24 Sep 2009 07:04
Garantie nadeel bij webshops
Hallo, Alternate liet mij het volgende weten: " Het moederbord had in dat geval voor 9/06/07 bij ons moeten zijn voor de garantie bij ons. De fabrieksgarantie is helaas ook vervallen omdat het moederbord in 2005 geproduceerd is en vanaf dat jaar is de fabrieksgarantie van kracht. " Met andere woorden,... 11 Sep 2009 11:42
Dead computer (sometimes) with blinking light on motherboard.
Paul;331546 Wrote: ekohl(a)sbcglobal.net OK, I checked the Badaxe2 manual on the Intel site, and on page 45 at the bottom, the LED next to the main power connector, is connected to +5VSB. Is that what is blinking ? http://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/bx2/D7364501US.pdf All I can tell you... 9 Sep 2009 13:03
Cooling suggestions for drive bay in a tower case
I've got an older tower case with a drive bay for 4 h/d's stacked on top of each other horizontally - and of course baking each other with their heat output. Right now the case has a smaller 80mm fan just under this bay blowing inward and a larger (120mm?) fan blowing out. Also a side case fan currently blowing ... 12 Sep 2009 22:49
Continued problem with XP install - was XP install gets started and then hangs
On Sep 5, 9:33 am, philo <ph...(a)privacy.invalid> wrote: Would it be possible to copy the install cd onto the C: drive and have it load from itself? after the initial setup, on the first reboot you need to ignore the message "to install from CD press any key" after a few seconds, the second pa... 6 Sep 2009 11:59
XP install gets started and then hangs
Running the install from the optical drive, goes through the various initial stages - blue screen,- copying files etc., things seem to be sailing along fine, but then I get a "To intall from CD press any key" prompt, but no response. The hard drive I'm installing to is recognized in bios, so apparently that's no... 5 Sep 2009 15:21
Maybe OT: Old TV died
Looking at new sets, all have HDMI inputs. Is an external hard drive connected to laptop via USB fast enough to do DVD playback or will I need to drag the file to the laptop hard drive for playback? Thanks -- "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the... 6 Sep 2009 06:31