From: John Navas on
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 16:14:29 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <4aed1938$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:

>John Navas wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:21:28 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote in <4aeb9f2b$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:

>>> Like I said, I'm generally shooting at the invitation of the performers.
>>
>> Read what I wrote more carefully.
>
>Read what I wrote more carefully - I'm talking about gigs that the
>performers have invited me to photograph. Naturally, my needs take
>priority over random people with P&S cameras. (Or worse yet, people
>trying to get photos with camera-phones.)

Audience be damned. Why am I not surprised.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 16:17:55 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <4aed1a06$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:

>nospam wrote:
>> <http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ28/FZ28A.HTM>

>> Shutter lag: Full autofocus shutter lag is good, at 0.50 second at
>> wide angle and 0.81 second at full telephoto.
>
>LOL. 0.5 - 0.81 second? That's awful.

That's with full "intelligent" auto default settings.
Response is excellent with appropriate settings.
As you might know if you had any actual experience,
and interest other than misleading bashing.

From: John Navas on
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 16:15:09 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <4aed1960$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:

>John Navas wrote:

>> The Panasonic Leica super-zoom actually outperforms a prime on a
>> comparable dSLR, as shown by 3rd-party test data I've posted here
>> previously.
>
>Really? I must have missed that post. Care to post the link again?

"Google is your friend."

From: nospam on
In article <hqfre51j9dmhm2ji8hrqjc1eludvpi02ba(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >LOL. 0.5 - 0.81 second? That's awful.
>
> That's with full "intelligent" auto default settings.
> Response is excellent with appropriate settings.

more excuses. slrs are generally much faster, regardless of settings.

> As you might know if you had any actual experience,
> and interest other than misleading bashing.

and what you're doing is not misleading bashing????
From: nospam on
In article <01gre55mjnqagpo9e26rpb9ld7jd4kg8cn(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >> The Panasonic Leica super-zoom actually outperforms a prime on a
> >> comparable dSLR, as shown by 3rd-party test data I've posted here
> >> previously.
> >
> >Really? I must have missed that post. Care to post the link again?
>
> "Google is your friend."

translated: it doesn't exist.