From: nospam on
In article <j9joe5pqh2ndl138uoolrepptfaf9f6abp(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >Well explained here, as I'm sure you know:
> > http://www.clarkvision.com/photoinfo/dof_myth/
>
> Not really -- too distorted by his agenda. Better explained here:
> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/depth-of-field.htm>

except that his calculator confirms what roger states.
From: -hh on
Defending his boyfriend (again), the Copy & Paste troll wrote:
> -hh <recscuba_goo...(a)huntzinger.com> wrote:
> >John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >> include the entire stage. ;^)
>
> >> 1. 36 mm is just fine in the great majority of cases.
>
> >Yet there's the entire field of "Wide Angle" which not only starts at
> >lower focal lengths (35mm), but because it been around for 40+ years
> >(just go look at your father's Kodachrome 64's from your family
> >vacations), it isn't at all unknown or uncommon.
>
> Attesting to your trolls' ignorance and inexperience (again), I found a
> wonderful, and yet (surprisingly) inexpensive, fish-eye adapter ...

Which (paraphrasing) has vignetting at the one end, and is soft at the
other ... but other than that, its the epitome of perfection! Gosh
Golly Gee!

> I've already posted one fisheye image proving this...

Gosh, I must have missed that, with all your easy-to-ignore/killfile
nymshifting. Please provide proof by citing the URL to your post as
archived in Google Groups, lest this be assumed to be yet another lame
lie. Afterall, its just a Copy & Paste ... you've already proven the
ability to do that.

> Proved 100%.

Just like your vast experience in BJ's from strange men!

> Let us all watch them now act as definitive experts about equipment that
> they have never actually used ... As all insecure DSLR-Trolls always do.

FWIW, I own a clip-on adaptor for one of my camera systems. It has
its place, but it does invariably compromise the system's optics.
Part of the reason why is that a simple flush attachment onto a thread
mount, etc, simply can't be reliably indexed to within a 1/10th of a
wavelength to effect a perfect optical alignment so as to eliminate
chromatic aberrations, overall softness, etc...its YA trade-off.

-hh
From: Bob Larter on
John Navas wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:21:28 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
> wrote in <4aeb9f2b$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:
>
>> John Navas wrote:

>>> How silly and arrogant. I'd hazard a guess that you're no more welcome.
>> Like I said, I'm generally shooting at the invitation of the performers.
>
> Read what I wrote more carefully.

Read what I wrote more carefully - I'm talking about gigs that the
performers have invited me to photograph. Naturally, my needs take
priority over random people with P&S cameras. (Or worse yet, people
trying to get photos with camera-phones.)

From: Bob Larter on
John Navas wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:23:31 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
> wrote in <4aeb9fa5$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:
>
>> nospam wrote:

>>> he's fixated on a superzoom.
>> I do own some zooms, but I prefer primes, & would never expect top
>> quality out of a 10:1 zoom - even if it is an 'L' zoom.
>
> The Panasonic Leica super-zoom actually outperforms a prime on a
> comparable dSLR, as shown by 3rd-party test data I've posted here
> previously.

Really? I must have missed that post. Care to post the link again?

From: Bob Larter on
nospam wrote:
> <http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ28/FZ28A.HTM>
>
> Sharpness: The wide-angle end of the Panasonic FZ28's zoom is
> surprisingly sharp from center to corner, but the telephoto end is
> quite soft in some corners.
>
> quite soft in some corners??? so much for outperforming a fixed focal
> length lens. and although not about the lens, this camera is relatively
> slow:
>
> Shutter lag: Full autofocus shutter lag is good, at 0.50 second at
> wide angle and 0.81 second at full telephoto.

LOL. 0.5 - 0.81 second? That's awful.