First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
drivers for NEC Japan laptop
I'm trying to get an NEC LAVIE S LS46H/2 laptop souund working but this is a Japaneese model and I can not read the NEC Japan website.... the laptop is old and is only running Win98........ if anyone has any ideas on how I could find the right driver for this....... please post thanks ... 25 May 2010 10:12
Using Thunderbird for Usenet
Having moved to a new computer, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get shot of Outlook Express as a newsreader - and have opted for Thunderbird, largely because I'm using Firefox as a browser, and it's from the same stable - and free! Anyone know whether there's an Idiot's guide anywhere, telling ex-O... 27 May 2010 20:22
blinding webcam
I wonder, is there some clip on the market for blinding the webcam on a laptop? Never seen anything of the sort though and I don't have time to make one myself. On the desktop I have a Logitech webcam which is equipped with a sort of spectacle which moves over the lens when the cam is not in use. This ensures ... 30 May 2010 06:48
XP in Virtual PC under Win 7 - a few questions
I have just bought a new laptop running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) and have installed XP in a virtual machine to cope with the odd applications[1] which won't run in Win7. One application which will only run in the virtual machine is Jaws PDF Converter - which installs a pseudo printer driver and, when yo... 21 May 2010 19:27
I wish I had this laptop
Hi: My secure dream laptop has following characteristics: 1. All IDs -- such as the MAC address [including that of the wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the laptop is offed, these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the laptop is switched on, new IDs are generated. 2. The only ROM is ma... 22 May 2010 18:12
Sony Ericsson Vivaz Comes With HD Video Recording
The new Vivaz has an 8.1MP camera with 720p video recording. It is smaller than the Satio in terms of the overall size and the screen size. But it has some really interesting features that even it’s big brother doesn’t possess. The most striking feature of Vivaz is it enables HD recording. For more details ht... 19 May 2010 10:26
IDE interface for notebook HD?
Is the interface for an IDE drive that comes from a notebook slightly different from an IDE drive that comes from a desktop PC? I have a 5 1/4" external HD enclosure, for which the IDE cables fit into the socket of a desktop hard drive. However, I tried hooking it up to the notebook hard drive from my HP Pavili... 19 May 2010 06:03
Dell Inspiron 1464: What is the SIM slot for?
My Inspiron 1464 has a slot for a SIM card and the booklet says it allows me to "browse the Internet, check email and connect to a VPN". The 1464 has WiFi but no mention of a slot for a 3G/4G radio module or anything else that might use the SIM card. I associate SIM cards with the card I put in my cell phone to ... 18 May 2010 05:59
Warning to WI-FI user's
Mike Jackson;496080 Wrote: In message <f05scd$9mh$1(a)swain.cs.ubc.ca> at 19:43:09 on Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Dave Martindale <davem(a)cs.ubc.ca> wrote A recent court case, which saw a West London man fined �500 and sentenced to 12 months' conditional discharge for hijacking a wireless broadband conne... 17 May 2010 12:24
Fujitsu Amilo D 6500/7500 hard drive replacement
Hi Paul I have a M6500 and have been trying to dismantle mine, if they are still designed the same then don't need to dismantle. My hard drive is situated behind the cd drive and with the removal of one screw it pulls out. hope this has helped?:eek: Paul D.Smith;190793 Wrote: Anyone got instructions for dismantlin... 14 May 2010 10:35
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last