First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
A Brain Transfer? Is That Possible?
I have just bought a Dell laptop after a serious accident with some liquid left my HP Armada 700 effectively dead. In the past, I would've used a peer-to-peer network to transfer my old files from the HP to a new laptop but with the HP laptop brain dead that option isn't gonna work. The motherboard is dead but t... 26 Apr 2010 21:44
Notebook hangs when connected to external power supply
I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 - S4777 that works perfect while on battery, but the instance i plug the charger in, it freezes. First i thought it was a Vista-Toshiba issue but only to discover that even in BIOS it freezes instantly when the charger is plugged in. When the laptop is off, any attempt to power it on... 8 May 2010 11:12
Dropped my Advent 5401. Now bootup / blue screen / freezing problems
I dropped my Advent 5401 a couple of weeks ago - only from about a foot above a carpeted floor. Ever since then, I have had increasingly bad problems. The laptop started powering off unexpectedly. Sometimes it would freeze up. Sometimes I'd get the blue screen. After powering itself off, it would sometimes take m... 26 Apr 2010 21:44
Bill (BillW50) Need Help in BartPE
When using BartPE, you need a copy of Win XP Pro and Key which I don't have the CDs with me. I don't think my wife can find it in the packed boxes. However, I do have Dell Latitude D600 (original) recovery CD, two saved folders (i386), the slow crawling T30 still running. Drivers for T30 saved in a USB flash d... 20 Apr 2010 16:00
How to reset a BIOS?
Hi, how can the parameters in an Asus L2400D setup can be reset? It has a wierd keyboard setting. Thanks .. -- Charles Berliner: Geschichte der Anna�lle http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_anna.htm ... 20 Apr 2010 16:00
How to reset a BIOS?
In news:oanps51so665plf044tuvjqivhvk0hp1h0(a)4ax.com, Happy Oyster typed on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:51:17 +0300: I found no reset button. The power supply battery is taken out. The power comes from the external supply. The plug I pulled out. Does not change a thing. There was a PCMCIA card with 2 USB conne... 20 Apr 2010 15:59
Bill (BillW50) Need Help in BartPE
In news:hqj8p60r9o(a)news1.newsguy.com, dwn typed on Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:58:32 -0700: When using BartPE, you need a copy of Win XP Pro and Key which I don't have the CDs with me. I don't think my wife can find it in the packed boxes. However, I do have Dell Latitude D600 (original) recovery CD, two saved ... 20 Apr 2010 15:59
Help! Computer partial freezes - Lateral thinking needed
My computer has recently developed a very annoying fault of locking up, and I need some help to diagnose and fix it. It's an HP/Compaq laptop running Win XP/SP3 but I'm using it as a desktop with additional monitor and separate keyboard/mouse. The symptoms are as follows: * The taskbar (which is usually hidd... 25 Apr 2010 16:43
Gateway model MA3 problem
Many of you have Gateway MA3 / MA7 (MX6xxxx / MT6xxx) notebooks that don't power on at all. Some of you have replaced your jacks, only to find out that the problem remained. This problem is due to a short in between the layers on your board - but a skilled technician can still repair it. Precision Division in Clearwat... 26 Apr 2010 09:08
Font size: osx vs. windows
On my desktop computer, a mac using osx, the keys Command-+ and Command-- cause the current font on the screen to get larger (Cmd+) or smaller (Cmd-). Although I have a 24" monitor, I frequently use the keys to make the font large enough for my old tired eyes to be able to read comfortably. I recently purch... 20 Apr 2010 16:00