First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Swapping to a faster HDD...
A week or two back I mentioned that I routinely replace my laptop HDDs with 7,200 rpm models and I was asked if it made much of a difference. Alas, t'was a huge post and I checked it when I didn't have time to write an extensive reply and now it's lost to me... Yes, I find it makes a big difference. The machin... 23 May 2010 07:03
Battery dead
I have a Dell laptop that came with Vista with a free Win7 upgrade. I mainly use my laptop when I go to the doctor. I have to have labs done, and then wait an hour and a half for results before I see the doctor. I also have to move from one area of the hospital to another twice. It is nice that during the mo... 14 May 2010 19:24
Toshiba Satellite L305 wont let me do a clean install
Im servicing a Toshiba Satellite L305 which came with overheating problems in windows vista but not in Linux. First step i decided to try is to check everything up and then proceed to format the hard disk, but when i get to the formatting step the machine keeps restarting, Here are the steps i have followed: 1- Check... 13 May 2010 08:16
Need silent, powerful, cool laptop
1st thanks to those who helped so much with my previous project re laptops with VERY RELIABLE power jacks. This one needs that too but there are other needs as well. I know there are many threads like this, but they can't help but come up repeatedly as what's available out there keeps changing. Thank goodness th... 18 May 2010 21:25
Noisy speakers in Toshiba Satellite L500
Hi Bill, Thanks for the prompt reply. I followed your suggestion with the headphones. While doing that I went into the Control Panel and adjusted the sound settings. The sound with the headphones was fine. No hum. Then I went back to the speakers and, miraculously, also no hum. Magic! I think the sound s... 11 May 2010 17:54
Noisy speakers in Toshiba Satellite L 500
Hello, A few months ago I purchased a new Toshiba Satellite L500. I have a pair of RadioShack speakers plugged into the speaker port. Things have been working fine until the last week, when I have been experiencing a loud hum. I tried the same speakers on an old Satellite 1415 and they worked fine. No hum. ... 11 May 2010 16:46
No WiFi HP Pavilion dv6000
It has the BroadCom PCI-e card and doesn't show in the Device Mgr. as being there. Nothing in the BIOS to turn it on and front switch does nothing. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks. bob ... 11 May 2010 13:23
NTLDR is missing Press control alt delete to restart
Recently a former workmate called me as he was having with his Lenovo netbook as he kept getting this"NTLDR is missing Press control alt delete to restart" After doing the cntr alt del for a few times and it kept reverting back, I told him that might be the NTLDR file is corrupted that he have repair it by ins... 18 May 2010 23:36
Armada E500 problem??
Hello, a friend has a Compaq E500 PIII 900Mhz, which works fine but has 1 strange thing: When shutting down it powers off and turns off the monitor. Then the strange thing begin, 3 lights turns on above the keyboard and the fan start running and it will keep running untill you unplug the power supply, then it wi... 11 May 2010 12:16
LT to TV
Can somebody tell me what kind of cable I can use for sending video to a tv that has an RCA connection ? TIA, Irwin Opper ... 8 May 2010 15:36