First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Contemporary drop-in docking?
Hello all. I'm looking for a new laptop with a "drop-in" type dock that supports video and all the usual connectors. They are not as plentiful as they once were. For example, it appears that Lenovo has no such docking available for any of its new models but, instead, only for their old T60-type Thinkpads. De... 18 Feb 2010 19:35
How Do I Troubleshoot Netbook Power Issue?
Hello. My niece's netbook (Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA150, WinXP) won't power up at all, even after buying a new DC adapter. Nothing lights up at all after plugging in whether the battery is attached or not. She said the problem started after seeing a spark at the adapter/jack as she tried to connect it to the netboo... 18 Feb 2010 22:56
F key functions at start of HP HP Pavilion HDX9430EA ?
It puzzles me what are the F Key listed at the start up of HP Pavilion HDX9430EA laptop. I cannot read them before they vanish from the screen. And there is no reference in the Manual, nor in the S&H to this particularly key functions. Had anyone tried to catch them?..-;) ... 14 Feb 2010 12:54
fill page to screen
hi,,,i was working on my asus netbook and i must have pressed something and the bottom and top menu bars dissapered and the webpage filled the whole screen,,,,it was great as page filled the whole screen and was much easier to work on,,but how did i do this ....thanks ... 11 Feb 2010 12:47
USB MEMORY STICK PROBLEM
hi,,,i have a 64gb memory stick with some files on it and some laptops it works fine and on some others it dosnt open and i get a message do i want to format it yes or no....whats the problem ...thanks ... 12 Feb 2010 13:27
Clevo M670SRU Part 2
Some of you may recall my earlier post about the charging (or lack of) on this laptop. Here's an update, and a question. I don't have the original adapter (19v 4.74A), so I'm running the laptop off a beefy HP 19v 7.1A adapter. 1. With no battery fitted the laptop won't run off the adapter. Press the power swi... 13 Feb 2010 16:02
Laptop Docking Stations?
About 10 years ago, before I retired, I was supplied with a works laptop plus docking station - the laptop was a Toshiba Tecra something or other - running Win95 in those days! The docking station effectively converted the laptop into a desktop machine, having ports for monitor, keyboard, mouse, power supply, ... 15 Feb 2010 13:12
Careful! GRC ShieldsUp shows Ubuntu is unsafe out of the box!
GRC ShieldsUp https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2 Solicited TCP Packets: Failed Unsolicited Packets: Passed Ping Reply: Failed Installing a decent firewall should take care of this security risk. I noticed long ago that Xandros doesn't have a firewall either. Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 users should ... 7 Feb 2010 17:35
Getting rid of Linux from dual boot system
I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu Linux in a dual-boot config in order to have a play with it. Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do (mainly running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid of it, and revert to just Win XP. Can this be... 7 Feb 2010 17:35
AC adptor problem
I had to buy a new ac adapter cord for my laptop not too long ago because the dog got ahold of mine and chewed it to the point of it not working anymore. The adapter cords are pretty expensive, I know the one for my HP Pavillion DV6700 was anyways. I purchased the cheapest one that I could find at one of my local... 7 Feb 2010 15:21