First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Installing Windows XP to Lenovo Y730
I want to install a fresh Windows XP installation on a Lenovo Y730. Apparently the Windows XP setup CD does not see the hard drive controller on this notebook by default. What is the recommended way to get the required device driver? Articles online talk about a "recovery CD" but in this case there is nothi... 31 Dec 2009 19:49
Gateway M320 Broken Screen
Hi folks, I have an old Gateway M320 with a line through the screen. Here are a picture of the line - obviously I need to replace the screen. http://www.imagebam.com/image/ad322960885145 I know its not the video drivers since the line is there before the OS loads. My first question is, what part number do I nee... 25 Dec 2009 21:13
Non-functional Keys on Dell C610
The patient is a sporadically-used C610 - obviously a little anemic by modern standards but which always has given a lovely image on the screen. Recently the diagonal row of keys X, S, W, and 2 stopped functioning. They work fine with an external keyboard. OK, no big deal - replaced the keyboard. It did... 23 Dec 2009 13:44
Gateway M320 Broken Screen
the wharf rat wrote: In article <hgsdem$g46$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Justin <justin(a)nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote: Should I get the entire LCD screen plus the plastic trim to fix the line and broken hinge? Kill two birds with one bullet? Laptops almost always decompose into a top unit con... 23 Dec 2009 10:52
Audio Problem with ASUS Seashell 1008HA
I have been using the 1008HA for some weeks and in general am very satisfied. However, the audio output when using BBC "listen again" - is strangely high-pitched which means that individual voices are unrecognisable. (eg : Male voices become female; adult females become young children!) I have selected 'laptop' ... 21 Dec 2009 18:03
Compaq Presario Won't Boot
My son's Presario C700 (1.73 GHZ Celeron M with 2 GB ram) running VISTA appears to have died. It will not boot and the screen just turns a blue-grey with an inch-and-a-half wide vertical black bar down the middle. If I plug in an external monitor, I do get a legible screen but a normal startup just gets throug... 23 Dec 2009 13:44
laptop problem
My laptop failed to power up . The green light at the power adapter is flickering. Is this a motherboard problem? If so, where do I get a repairer to rectify the fault. As the model is quite old (5 yrs old) , I do not intend to spend too much money on repair. Please advise. Darren ... 24 Dec 2009 17:19
A fit of pique
In article <hgkfg2$nqp$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, BillW50 <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote: P.S. I do regret saying that "switchuser do" sounds pretty meaningless. After some more thought, it sounds more like baby talk to me. Although that doesn't impress me anymore. You could just ln -s `which sudo`... 21 Dec 2009 23:32
Off Topic: EWF files
In article <hgikl9$nb4$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, BillW50 <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote: Sure you can. I have most of my Windows machines have the EWF files from embedded. To learn how, just Google it. Yes, you have to illegally extract and install the three necessary files from the trial version of Xp e... 23 Dec 2009 13:44
Ever seen a keyboard ribbon cable clip missing?
I recently got another Gateway MX6124 that the keyboard was said to be dead. For a four year old laptop, it looks brand new and looks like it was never used. No dust in the fan or anything. So I lifted the keyboard out and the clip to hold the ribbon cable for the keyboard was just gone. Now I have a hard time ... 25 Dec 2009 17:58