First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Study - 1 in 3 laptops fail within 3 years
Found this this link on the Dell newsgroup (thanks RnR). My laptops seems to last forever. And the oldest is from '84. And the only one that failed on me was from '94. Also nice to hear that Toshiba and Asus are still the leaders of reliability. http://austin.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2009/11/16/dai... 16 Dec 2009 09:01
What's wrong with my trackpad button??? ((unclicking and not clicking))
What's wrong with my trackpad button?:confused: When im dragging a window or an item while holding the 'LEFT click' it randomly drops -- if i continue to hold the button it will reactivate at random highlight and/or clicking whatever happens to be under the cursor at the time... It is also sometimes not clicking when... 4 Dec 2009 19:37
Thinkpad X6 Ultrabase VGA port color problems
In article <d4cde04d-0c2f-4469-bb5d-72793144159b(a)d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, bman <brianhubley001(a)gmail.com> wrote: Any help is appreciated. Check for bent pins in the video cable connector. ... 3 Dec 2009 19:22
bluetooth problem,,,,,,
hi...i have a pair of bluetooth headphones and a pair of speakers,,,,,i know they both work because i have paired them and used them on my laptop before, but now when i try use either one i can pair them with my laptop and i get message saying device paired ok but when i play sound still comes out of the laptop an... 2 Dec 2009 23:25
External Display
I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Insipron 8600. I tried hooking up an external monitor to the VGA connector on the back and no display showed. Should it automatically? Without the need to make some change in Device Properties to make it happen? I should say that the laptop monitor itself has gone all white so that ... 1 Dec 2009 15:01
External Monitor
I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Insipron 8600. I tried hooking up an external monitor to the VGA connector on the back and no display showed. Should it automatically? Without the need to make some change in Device Properties to make it happen? I should say that the laptop monitor itself has gone all white so t... 1 Dec 2009 13:53
Speeding up my T60 Thinkpad.. Is it possible to get an Solid State Drive (SSD) for my T60 Thinkpad?
Hi Is it possible to get an Solid State Drive (SSD) for my T60 Thinkpad? I am looking at ways to speed the darned thing up! I couldnt find anything from Lenovo, but maybe someone else makes something... But I can see that some of the new Thinkpad models come with SSD instead of a conventional hard disk. So sur... 9 Dec 2009 05:32
Is Modem DOS Compatible?
Hello, All. I have a choice to buy one of two modem cards for an HP Pavilion 3438 laptop. I have been hunting around the Internet to see if either is Hayes compatible but have only found ambiguity. Has anyone any experience with an "XJEM3336" or "XJEM3288" modem under DOS? I am using DR-DOS 7.03 and will... 18 Dec 2009 11:37
Which Toshiba netbook to buy?
Looking for advice please. I am considering buying one of two Toshiba netbooks (listed below). Does anyone know if there are any performance related differences between the two? They both have the N280 Atom proceesor. The only difference I can see is the hard rive size 160 v 250 and the first comes with Win... 30 Nov 2009 22:31
TOSHIBA A45-S120 - unable to change boot order to restore from DVD recovery medium
<snip> On some older Toshiba models with a parallel port, there was a "dongle" that you plugged into the parallel port that would kill the password. I just checked a "secret" service manual that I have for this model and it says to use the parallel port dongle to remove lost passwords on this model. ... 29 Nov 2009 05:49