First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New netbooks at CES
End User Blog The biggest PC trend of 2009 was the tiny netbook, and all the major manufacturers are releasing their latest updates at CES this week. The biggest change for 2010 is the use (pretty much right across the board) of Intel's newest Atom processor. Part of Intel's Pine Trail chip line, the N450's ... 14 Jan 2010 07:55
Replacement motherboard for DELL Latitude D600
I have DELL Latitude D600 that experiences problems that apparently can be cured by motherboard replacement only. If I to by the replacement motherboard from a 3rd-party source what parameters I need to match to make sure I'm getting an identical one? How do I go about obtaining such info? Please point me in t... 13 Jan 2010 15:27
Clevo M670SRU
I've been given one of these that is dead. When you press the power button the power light flashes green once and that's it. No fans, no disk, no screen, nothing. With a charger plugged in the battery light shows green i.e. it thinks the battery is fully charged. Checked the battery with a meter and it looks... 14 Jan 2010 16:55
External screen "chopped off"
I have a netbook (Toshiba), when I hook up my external monitor the right hand edge of the screen is "chopped off". ie on the desktop I only see the left side of my clock widget, the right side is off the screen. In the taskbar I cannot see my icon for the volume control as it is "off the screen". I know the ... 10 Jan 2010 16:19
4200rpm HDD as fast as 5400rpm?
I was taking laptops apart here and while I was at it, I tested the boot speed on the same machine. But I cloned three PATA HDD, one a 4200rpm and the other two 5400rpm drives. I always assumed that 5400rpm drives were just faster. Well guess what? All three boots XP in 60 seconds. Who would have guessed? --... 6 Jan 2010 08:50
Dell Inspiron 5100 - can't see BIOS on external monitor
Hello all, I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 whose screen is shot. I can shine a flashlight on it and see the GUI so I know it's the screen and not something else. Anyway, I don't really care to replace the screen at this point; I'd rather hook it up to my TV as a monitor. When I hook the laptop up to my TV via th... 6 Jan 2010 08:50
Wireless bandwidth... HP or Vista's fault?
I've got an DV6308 with Vista Home Premium installed... the wireless adapter is a Broadcom rated at 54Mb, and the LAN is a typical 10/100. The problem I'm having is that transferring anything over the network is interminably slow. Whether I go over the wireless, or plug a cable into the router, the throughout... 4 Jan 2010 04:51
Status of 64 bit Windows
Hello group I would like to know if the 64 bit system has matured as there is the rise of laptops that have embraced this system At this time how far has it evolved that necessary drivers are already available for most software. Any comments? Would most (if not all) the 32 bit wares can run easily in the 64 bi... 4 Jan 2010 05:58
Toshiba Satellite does not turn on
I have a Toshiba Satellite model 1400 which does not turn on - no beep, blank screen, no messages. The power light is on, the on light is on, the battery light is amber meaning it is charging, the harddrive light is off, and the cd rom drive is on, but the cd rom will not open. I heard the fan go on for a brief... 6 Jan 2010 08:50
TOSHIBA A45-S120 - unable to change boot order to restore fromDVD recovery medium
You have a hardware problem. The first thing to do is run a GOOD, self-booting memory diagnostic (memtest+ or memtest86). See if that runs ok. If the memory diagnostic does run ok ... this could be a bad motherboard. Jeff wrote: Jeff wrote ... <snip> I have not used it in a while, but I think ... 31 Dec 2009 20:55