First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Asus laptop F5R series
Hello there, I have got a ASUS laptop F5R series. I installed Windows7 prof. Now the on-board Cam and Mic do not work. I can not find the right drivers. Anybody? Thanks, Fred. ... 19 Jan 2010 14:38
Can a Blue Ray player be used as an optical drive for a computer?
I'm thinking of buying a laptop that does not have a built in optical drive. No big deal as I seldom use them..... but still need one occasionally to load software onto the laptop hard drive. Being somewhat frugal, I was wondering if I could use my Blue Ray player as a "drive" for the laptop if needing to load... 20 Jan 2010 09:30
Laptop Battery Question
hi Scott, Also remember to use common sense precautions to protecting your battery. ie. don't expose it to extreme hot and cold, and make sure to unplug it every once and a while. Here is a good additional reference for this about battery power: http://www.priorityelectronics.com/blog/?p=6 Hope that helps! ... 17 Jan 2010 09:26
What kind of 2.5" HD adapter do I need?
Hello, I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I need some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop have SATA and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one. It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA adapter. Here are pictures of my HD: http://ww... 18 Jan 2010 19:54
How I Got Full Windows XP Installed Under 2GB!
Well it is partly true. As I moved the Program Files folder to a flash drive. I believe this is a useful tip for those with small system drives. And unlike Hitachi microdrive filter, it doesn't slow down the computer and isn't a pain in the butt to install. I came up with this because my nephew's 4GB netbook wa... 7 Feb 2010 16:28
Adjusting display on Dell 8100?
I am helping a colleague with his Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop. The current resolutions is 1400 x 1050 which fills the 15" screen but the icons and text are miniscule. On literally all other PC's that I have worked on one can use the display properties to lower the resolution to "enlarge" the desktop appearance al... 25 Jan 2010 06:07
BIOS conflict in Toshiba laptop
Hello, group, Please forgive me if this question has already been posed and answered. I've Googled it and seen references to it but no solutions. I have a Toshiba M45 given to me by a friend to fix if possible. So far I haven't been able to help. When the laptop starts it goes into the BIOS but gives an e... 14 Jan 2010 00:22
memory for notebook HP Pavillion ZE5507EA
I own the laptop in subject • Intel® Celeron® - 2,6 GHz 400MHz BUS Cache 128 KB • 256 MB PC2100 DDR 266 MHz I'd like to search on ebay two 512mb RAM or one 1 gb (the maximum supported). However opening the notebook I noted that the ram installed says PC2700 (please look at the pictures) http://i50.tinypic.c... 13 Jan 2010 13:12
Modern Lithium Ion Batteries
Normally I rely on the power of the Holy Spirit. However when the Holy Spirit is on vacation I rely on a Lithium Ion battery to power my laptop. Do they eventually stop charging? Back in the days of NiCd and NiMH, batteries would be able to charge and discharge X number of times. Is this still true for LiION? ... 13 Jan 2010 23:17
Gateway RQ5 Docking Station - Serial Port (RS232) doesn't work
I got a docking station for my Gateway M465e because the power input doesn't function (I purchased it used betting that I could fix it). And I figure the easy fix would be getting a docking station. And then get power through it. A gamble I guess, but it worked. <grin> I really don't think the docking station ... 11 Jan 2010 18:45