From: Simon Lloyd on

Cynical Jon but true :(

;
7
2
1
3
9
8

:

All your post are belong to us.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
'Excel Charts and Tutorials by Peltier Technical Services'
(http://peltiertech.com/)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=200597

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Simon Lloyd on

Brude i don't understand?, the folk who use our forums do not use or
see a newsreader but simply foum posts in a vBulletin community, so if
you mean they have no choice of NG viewer then your right, but then
again they choose to use our forums for the interface as threads seem
easier for them to follow.......depends what you're used to i suppose :)

;
7
2
0
8
7
9

:

In article <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com>, Simon Lloyd
<Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com> wrote:

>My forums have both members and newsgroup forums, we have many folk
>that come to use the interface with the newsgroups, we use nntp
software
>to automatically post and retrieve posts from the newsgroups, i don't
>think other news readers are configurable to allow automation, but
would
>be good if we could find one so that the members that use these forums
>for the NG interface will still be catered for.

There's *alot* of news software out there, so I'm sure some of it will
do
what you are wanting to do ... but suggest you give people some
options,
rather than picking something to 'support'.
What is right for one person is nasty for others. :)

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <#NJQFnS8KHA.1316(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Jon Peltier <jonNO(a)SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote:
>All your post are belong to us.

Ah, now, which organisation had exactly that policy (everything that goes
through our networks we own the rights to forever without paying anything)
for everything sent through its network in any way a year or so back ? It
might have been telecom (a major NZ communications company) or them and a
partner of some sort. Might even have been a MS partner. I can't recall
exactly, but when the terms and conditions of the new "service" were
translated into English (from IT and lawyer speak) I do recall the uproar.
:)

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <e1COtqN8KHA.2248(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com> wrote:

>"Bruce Sinclair" <bruce.sinclair(a)NOSPAMORELSEagresearch.NOTco.NOTnz> wrote
>in message news:hsaa5s$lh7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>> In article <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com>, Simon Lloyd
>> <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>My forums have both members and newsgroup forums, we have many folk
>>>that come to use the interface with the newsgroups, we use nntp software
>>>to automatically post and retrieve posts from the newsgroups, i don't
>>>think other news readers are configurable to allow automation, but would
>>>be good if we could find one so that the members that use these forums
>>>for the NG interface will still be catered for.
>>>
>> There's *alot* of news software out there, so I'm sure some of it will do
>> what you are wanting to do ... but suggest you give people some options,
>> rather than picking something to 'support'.
>> What is right for one person is nasty for others. :)

>You mean as MS are doing?

Yep. That's what I mean. Suggesting there is only one way to do something
with a computer is simply crazy, as "everyone knows" this is simply wrong.
Why they think people will believe it is beyond me.
And it may well be that someone quickly comes up with a "MS forum to
newsgroups translater" of course. :)

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <eMJ7KoS8KHA.1316(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Jon Peltier <jonNO(a)SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote:
(snip)

>>> I think they mean they will simply turn off their own nntp servers. As
>>> you say, they can't control the presence of these groups on the whole
>>> nntp/usenet network.
>>
>> Quite. Well, if that really is what they mean, why didn't they just say so ?
>> Minor damage only if that's the case ... and in some ways, a good thing for
>> those of us here.
>
>If that's what they mean, then who wrote the subject line?

Ah. That is obviously from marketing. :)