From: Peter T on
"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com> wrote in message

> "Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote in message
>> Maybe in the end it wasn't helpful, your response back was the only rude
>> reply I have ever had in these newsgroups. Perhaps it's just a way you
>> have!
>
> Blimey, you have led a sheltered life <g>

LOL!

I expect you've probably been rude to me but that doesn't count <g>

Peter

From: Bob Phillips on

> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote in message
>>> Maybe in the end it wasn't helpful, your response back was the only rude
>>> reply I have ever had in these newsgroups. Perhaps it's just a way you
>>> have!
>>
>> Blimey, you have led a sheltered life <g>
>
> LOL!
>
> I expect you've probably been rude to me but that doesn't count <g>

That's what everyone says.

From: Jim Thomlinson on
Ok I have tried it. For all of the negative feedback I don't mind it. Could
it be better... Absolutely. But compared to some other on line forums and the
like it is darn good. And heck I even get to have a really cool avatar.

As for points they are par for the course on so many of these sites. I am
with Bob that they are kind of useless. Perhaps I am just bitter since I just
got my gold star in the general questions forum and now they are wiping that
out. Now how is everyone supposed to be impressed.

Things I like... You can edit the post you made. I can not count the number
of times that I had to back track a posting for a typo or just palin silly
mistake. Now I can look smarter by fixing the mistakes...

First pet peave is the use of screen space. There is a lot of wasted space.
I would prefer to seem more content and less junk / blank space.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:45:01 -0700, Jim Thomlinson
<James_Thomlinson(a)owfg-Re-Move-This-.com> wrote:

>Ok I have tried it. For all of the negative feedback I don't mind it. Could
>it be better... Absolutely. But compared to some other on line forums and the
>like it is darn good. And heck I even get to have a really cool avatar.
>
>As for points they are par for the course on so many of these sites. I am
>with Bob that they are kind of useless. Perhaps I am just bitter since I just
>got my gold star in the general questions forum and now they are wiping that
>out. Now how is everyone supposed to be impressed.
>
>Things I like... You can edit the post you made. I can not count the number
>of times that I had to back track a posting for a typo or just palin silly
>mistake. Now I can look smarter by fixing the mistakes...
>
>First pet peave is the use of screen space. There is a lot of wasted space.
>I would prefer to seem more content and less junk / blank space.
>--
>HTH...
>
>Jim Thomlinson

Jim,

Are you referring to the NNTP Bridge? Or the Web UI?

Thanks.
--ron
From: T. Valko on
>Are you referring to the NNTP Bridge? Or the Web UI?

Sounds like the web UI.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP