From: Simon Lloyd on

Unfortunately we use msnews.microsft,com server, would you have any
suggestions as to which server will also access
microsoft.public.excel.xxxxxx ?

;
7
2
0
0
6
4

:

There is no reason that they will go away, but the msnews.microsoft.com
server definitely will, so if you use that server you need to find
another.

If your forum links to the NGS, it will depende on how you get/send the
data
and from/to where.

Bob

Software Since 1984' (http://OakRoadSystems.com))

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1
> View this thread:
> 'Re: Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities - The
Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=200597)

--

View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=200597

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Bob Phillips on
I get there via my ISP. Eternal September has a free service, I don't know
if they would let you connect.

Bob

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <u0RXIlL7KHA.2220(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, "T. Valko" <biffinpitt(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>I pretty much agree with everything you said.
>
>The best feature of NNTP ngs from my perspective is that it's very easy to
>watch a thread for possible follow-ups.
>
>I also like the speed and ease of access.

... is it possible that this is an attempt by MS to kill off a 'text only'
application that doesn't fit with their apparent 'everything looks better in
html' approach ? An interesting possibility if so - and still wrong. :)

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <urPDAWM7KHA.5848(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Jim Cone" <james.coneXXX(a)comcast.netXXX> wrote:

>I agree with you and Bruce.
>However...
>the new Answers site could be a winner if it used the Ribbon. <g>

Aaarrrgghhh ! (I'm sure that was the response you were looking for :) ).

I worked out a few months ago why I hate the whole ribbon thing idea (it's
at the top and takes up valuable space where my stuff could be), so I asked
how to move it to the side of the window. Seemed like an easy thing ... but
no. Apparently, not only are there only 3 colour "schemes" (another pet hate
:)) ... but the ribon is fixed ! Inconceivable ! :)

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <#Qi8hAR7KHA.5848(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com> wrote:
>That is a shame Ron, I have enjoyed your contributions. But MS don't care,
>there will always be hundreds stepping up even if they aren't up to your
>capabilities, and they have shown a blind indifference to those more capable
>users amongst us.

Now *that* is an excellent point.

There are many helpful people here, many of them with the mystical 'MVP'
status. :)
Did MS ask anyone that is actually *in* this on line community what they
thought ?
I suspect not, but I look forward to hearing anyone say that this is not so
and that MS consulted widely before announcing these changes.