From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com>, Simon Lloyd <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com> wrote:

>My forums have both members and newsgroup forums, we have many folk
>that come to use the interface with the newsgroups, we use nntp software
>to automatically post and retrieve posts from the newsgroups, i don't
>think other news readers are configurable to allow automation, but would
>be good if we could find one so that the members that use these forums
>for the NG interface will still be catered for.

There's *alot* of news software out there, so I'm sure some of it will do
what you are wanting to do ... but suggest you give people some options,
rather than picking something to 'support'.
What is right for one person is nasty for others. :)

From: GS on
Jim Cone laid this down on his screen :
> My opinion is that it is the precursor to abandoning VBA.
> We can look forward to the release of VSTO.Not ("VerySlowToOperate.Not") to
> handle all Office programming needs. It will require the $499.00 Office
> upgrade and a 64 core 16 GHZ processor and Net.Framework 2.234 thru 19.432
> installed on your machine. (The 1500 page manual sold separately). The
> upside is that it will be almost as fast as VBA. Happy Trails.
> --
> Jim Cone
> Portland, Oregon USA

Well Jim, what does that say for VBA7, expressly created for use with
M$Ox64? I fear you may be right, though?

regards,
Garry

From: Bob Phillips on

"Bruce Sinclair" <bruce.sinclair(a)NOSPAMORELSEagresearch.NOTco.NOTnz> wrote
in message news:hsaa5s$lh7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> In article <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com>, Simon Lloyd
> <Simon.Lloyd.4aqr25(a)thecodecage.com> wrote:
>>
>>My forums have both members and newsgroup forums, we have many folk
>>that come to use the interface with the newsgroups, we use nntp software
>>to automatically post and retrieve posts from the newsgroups, i don't
>>think other news readers are configurable to allow automation, but would
>>be good if we could find one so that the members that use these forums
>>for the NG interface will still be catered for.
>>

> There's *alot* of news software out there, so I'm sure some of it will do
> what you are wanting to do ... but suggest you give people some options,
> rather than picking something to 'support'.
> What is right for one person is nasty for others. :)

You mean as MS are doing?

From: Jon Peltier on
All your post are belong to us.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

From: Jon Peltier on

On 5/10/2010 12:07 AM, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article<eQhJ9V#7KHA.2292(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Jon Peltier<jonNO(a)SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote:
>> On 5/9/2010 7:40 PM, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>> Yes, interseting point. I saw that MS said they would 'close' the groups ...
>>> but AFAIK, most NNTP servers don't accept 'remove group' commands from
>>> anyone except themselves. MS may find this more difficult to do thatn they
>>> think (assuming they don't simply mean that they will take the NNTP
>>> interface off their web site - that they can do).
>>> Again, if MS did try to kill off the groups, there would be little to stop
>>> people adding/creating them again.
>>>
>>> Anyone got any more info on what MS really mean here ? :)
>
>> I think they mean they will simply turn off their own nntp servers. As
>> you say, they can't control the presence of these groups on the whole
>> nntp/usenet network.
>
> Quite. Well, if that really is what they mean, why didn't they just say so ?
> Minor damage only if that's the case ... and in some ways, a good thing for
> those of us here.

If that's what they mean, then who wrote the subject line?

- Jon
-------