From: Bob Phillips on

"Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote in message
> Maybe in the end it wasn't helpful, your response back was the only rude
> reply I have ever had in these newsgroups. Perhaps it's just a way you
> have!

Blimey, you have led a sheltered life <g>

From: Bob Phillips on
That is a shame Ron, I have enjoyed your contributions. But MS don't care,
there will always be hundreds stepping up even if they aren't up to your
capabilities, and they have shown a blind indifference to those more capable
users amongst us.

Bob

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Thu, 6 May 2010 12:34:41 +0100, "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com>
wrote:

>That is a shame Ron, I have enjoyed your contributions. But MS don't care,
>there will always be hundreds stepping up even if they aren't up to your
>capabilities, and they have shown a blind indifference to those more capable
>users amongst us.
>
>Bob

I will lose, also, by not participating. I did notice something called an NNTP
Bridge. I haven't tried that access method yet. Maybe it'll be better than
the Web UI.
--ron
From: Bob Phillips on
I have tried it, it is a tad slow, and you still have the odd groupings in
Answers.

--

HTH

From: shakey on

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com> wrote in message

> "Jon Peltier" <jonNO(a)SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
>> There are two problems with NNTP, from Microsoft's viewpoint:
>>
>> 1. It's old and unshiny.
>> 2. It was not invented in Redmond.
>
> 3. They are not able to control it - now they decide what is THE right
> answer
> 4. It doesn't have the highly desirable points (now what can they possibly
> be for)
Three is the key. I think we will get steamrollered.
SG