From: Jim Cone on

My opinion is that it is the precursor to abandoning VBA.
We can look forward to the release of VSTO.Not ("VerySlowToOperate.Not") to handle all Office programming needs.
It will require the $499.00 Office upgrade and a 64 core 16 GHZ processor and Net.Framework 2.234 thru 19.432 installed
on your machine. (The 1500 page manual sold separately).
The upside is that it will be almost as fast as VBA.
Happy Trails.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"CLR" <croberts(a)tampabay.rr.com>
wrote in message news:eQRtZGt7KHA.4832(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
So what should an OP do if they want to post a question about
Programming?......just post it anywhere and let MS sort it out? as
in......

"Select the Best Forum
Select the forum that most closely matches your topic. (Don't worry, if it's
not the right one we'll move it for you.) "

Does this mean MS will read EVERY post and place it where they think it
should be, rather than where the OP posted it and will go to see if there
are any replies. And don't forget, the "Notify me" feature has not worked
for some time.

I started using Excel several years ago, and have progressed to be the GOTO
guy for Excel problems at the company I work for (over 1000 computers). I
have responded to thousands of posts in the Excel Newsgroups, earned a
Master MOUS certification on the side, and learned virtually everything I
know by coming to the various Newsgroups, especially the Excel Programming
Group. I have taught many others how to be better in excel and have
written many many Application Programs in Excel for my Users. Virtually all
of that use of Excel, by those dozens of folks, being a direct decendant of
MY time on the Newsgroups. So not only did the Newsgroups help ME learn,
that knowledge also rolled down hill to help many others. I am sad to see
the loss of my source of learning, and my opportunity to assist others fade
away.

I agree with Jim Thomlinson who says......

> I like the way the news group works. It is simple and intuitive. The only
> issues I have so far is that I don't want to lose the body of work that
> exists in these forums. I often find myself searching for posts that I
> read
> long ago

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

From: Simon Lloyd on

Jim, does that mean i will have to DOWNGRADE my machine?, you would
have thought by now they would have learnt to consult with the people
that definitely don't matter when it comes to improving and
progressing....US!!!

They'll never learn, you just have to bend over, take it and then say
thanks!

;
7
1
9
8
5
7

:

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=200597

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Stan Brown on
Thu, 06 May 2010 06:44:24 -0400 from Ron Rosenfeld
<ronrosenfeld(a)nospam.org>:
> I have better things to do with my time, so when these newsgroups stop
> functioning, I will cut down my participation significantly.

Why do you think these newsgroups will stop functioning? It's in the
nature of Usenet that a newsgroup, once created, has a life of its
own. Sure, Microsoft won't be driving new traffic here, but that
doesn't stop the rest of us from continuing to read and post.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
From: Simon Lloyd on

Nice thought but i was under the impression that these newsgroups will
be closed once the forums are settled. If they're still going to be
running then happy days :)

;
7
2
0
0
1
7

:

<ronrosenfeld(a)nospam.org>:
> I have better things to do with my time, so when these newsgroups
stop
> functioning, I will cut down my participation significantly.

Why do you think these newsgroups will stop functioning? It's in the
nature of Usenet that a newsgroup, once created, has a life of its
own. Sure, Microsoft won't be driving new traffic here, but that
doesn't stop the rest of us from continuing to read and post.

'Oak Road Systems -- Software Since 1984' (http://OakRoadSystems.com)
Shikata ga nai...

From: Bob Phillips on
There is no reason that they will go away, but the msnews.microsoft.com
server definitely will, so if you use that server you need to find another.

If your forum links to the NGS, it will depende on how you get/send the data
and from/to where.

Bob