From: timite_h on
Well i should have said that it is stupid to ban calculators of the
TI84/HP39G level as i knew that handheld with touch screen are banned
from exams in U.S.
Anyway,are you sure that the TI-Nspire doesn't have a touch screen ?
Because its U.I seems very similar to the ClassPad one and without a
stylus it would be a pain in the a.. to use.

From: bokubob on

hugh.evans(a)openrpn.org wrote:
> Until more information comes out I'm going to put my 49G+ retrofit
> design on the back burner (no further than CAD). My guess is that it
> will be a 49G+ with a higher clock speed, improved color scheme, and
> more connectivity options.

>From the pictures we've seen, assuming they're real, it looks like a
retrofit for the 49g+ will fit the 50g, so why not go ahead? At least
there are lots of people with 49g+s that would like to keep their
investment usable into the future.

-Jonathan

From: Bressan on
Hi Tom,

I read that this new calculator - HP50G - will be able to network to
others devices...to transmit and store your info...

You can find more info in www.educalc.net

Bye,

Marcos Bressan

From: TW on
> I read that this new calculator - HP50G - will be able to network to
> others devices...to transmit and store your info...

That is what I designed for a competition last year. It is not the 50G
that is getting released. I just called my entry that since it has
been the "next calculator" when people had talked about the future
models in the past. Anything that has my name on it it isn't the
calculator being released by HP.

TW

From: Meh. on
timite_h wrote:
> So as a professional who use calculators what kind of evolution would
> you expect from advanced calculator ?

Weeeeell,

this may be heresy but I currently find the HP49G+ to be pretty damned
good now that I've got one with a KB that seems to work okay. The main
advances I'd like to see are, in no particular order:
1. more memory, much much more memory, so I can work on reasonably big
data sets.
2. higher-resolution screen
3. much better data exchange facilities with computers, possibly
ethernet or WLAN
4. better power supply, possibly AA batteries instead of AAA and maybe
mains power input
5. USB hosting, so I can connect USB-driven sensors

And for me, I think that'd be about it.

ttfn

Meh
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last