From: timite_h on
So have you worked on this product or no ?
If yes is it just an evolution or could we expect some significant
improvements besides a working keyboard which must have been a feature
of the original HP49G+.

From: Gene on
Remember:

Anyone who talks about a rumored product did not work on the product.

Why?

Because anyone who worked on a rumored product would be under a strict
non-disclosure agreement where they cannot talk about a purported
product.

That is ALWAYS the case.

If someone did talk about a product before it was released, regardless
of the manufacturer, they would either a) be in trouble with the
company, b) not work on any future products or c) both.

Look at how Apple Computer takes people to court who leak information
about rumored products.

So, again, why would you think JYA would publicly answer this type of
question?

Gene
Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about. I also may or
may not know whether aliens landed in Roswell New Mexico. I do know
that I don't always know what I'm talking about...I think.

From: Joe Horn on
Gene wrote:

> Anyone who talks about a rumored product did not work on the product.

Correct, but he CAN talk about the RUMORS, as such, since they are
publicly known. He cannot, of course, reveal which rumors are accurate,
if any.

> So, again, why would you think JYA would publicly answer this type of
> question?

"Lead us not into temptation"? o:-)

-jkh-
Disclaimer: That's the rumor, anyway.

From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 23 May 2006 10:12:10 -0500, HP Gene wrote:

> ...a rumored product...

But here are the first actual *photos* of HP50G (and HP50S!)

On http://www.katiestreasures.com.au/jewe-earring.html [bottom right]

Head Pins
HP50G Gold $ 0.10 each
HP50S Silver $ 0.10 each

To compute, move the pins around your Cribbage board.

[r->] [OFF]
From: hgabert@xmission.com on
John H Meyers wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 10:12:10 -0500, HP Gene wrote:
>
> > ...a rumored product...
>
> But here are the first actual *photos* of HP50G (and HP50S!)
>
> On http://www.katiestreasures.com.au/jewe-earring.html [bottom right]
>
> Head Pins
> HP50G Gold $ 0.10 each
> HP50S Silver $ 0.10 each
>
> To compute, move the pins around your Cribbage board.
>
> [r->] [OFF]

So the R&D and possibly production of the new units has moved back to
Australia. Good news!!!

HP's merger with Katie's appears to be very apropos ("Where Customer
Service is #1," according to the website). Good to know!

Also, the keyboard issues seem to have been laid to rest once and
forever. The new shapes are simply revolutionary. Too bad for Kinpo,
but you just can't hold up progress!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: HP48GX memory
Next: Linux emulators