From: ME on
Sadly from HP,given their past track record, you should be satisfied merely
if the keyboard works , does not break after reasonable use and the paint
job/key labels don't rub off!

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
duenodemonte(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I wish it comes with 1 GB memory,

You need to buy that SD card yourself
While you are at it, get 2 GB

>Libs could be installed on port 3,

Not on my machine, please
but one could in crease the internal Flash somewhat
like 2MB OS + 2MB User

> you can DELETE directories on SD card, and some others, can I dream on

Well that would be nice!
Also
update from 32-bit FAT
overall good SD usage
Used as a mass storage device on a WinXP machine

increased CPU run speed (not the slow mode)
while it has 4 batteries the CPU could be permanantly 90 MHz
to make it slightly snappier on everything

I think that hp 51 could have 131*96 pixel LCD
the same way the 49g+ expanded the LCD from the 64 to 80
1st version as a "permanent" header option
then later perhaps full screen usage

Then the hp 52C model might have finally Color LCD

hp 53 could...

From: ME on
I am sad to see that the last chance for my 49G (for gunk)+ calc's last
chance is lost. I guess the Sony UX180P with Derive etc is my only future.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=VGNUX180P&Dept=computers&CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_UX_Series

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
ME wrote:
> I am sad to see that the last chance for my 49G (for gunk)+ calc's
> last chance is lost. I guess the Sony UX180P with Derive etc is my
> only future.
> http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=VGNUX180P&Dept=computers&CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_UX_Series

I think that that is a true pocket PC
but
the batteries will not even last a full day
not to mention about a situation when you really stress it with Derive

From: johnet123 on
I noticed that the reference to the HP-50G has been removed from the
German website. I suppose that means that it was all a mistake and that
there will not be a new calculator after all ;-)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: HP48GX memory
Next: Linux emulators