From: frank.bilz on

sorry that I'd forgotten to mention that the very first answer (via
phone) was:

"... as an improvement because of the keyboard issues...".

Then I asked them in an e-mail for more information concerning the
features and I received the above quoted "details".

From: timwessman on
> - gets an improved display (more room for graphics e.g.)

I would guess they are saying "improved display" to the 80x131 pixel
size. Considering how much work it took to get the larger 49g+ display
working correctly, I doubt another size increase is in order.
(Although if they split each pixel into 9 smaller pixels I wouldn't
complain. . . ;-)

> - USB plus serial interface

Seen that on the 40GS. Makes sense. . .

> - a new and enlarged equation library

New and enlarged? Or simply included? The rom that comes on new 49g+
doesn't have it already. You need to upgrade.

> - format of the SD cards is FAT32

Yup. Seen that already.

> I think there is nothing really new for you, but I liked to tell you
> this little bit of information...

Hopefully they didn't mention the best upgrade. . . a completely
redesigned/fixed keyboard. Let us all hope. =)

TW

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
timiteh(a)gmail.com wrote:
> It seems that you hase some knowledge about this product.
> Has hidryx worked on this product ?
> And if Yes is this production a revolution or just an evolution
> compared to the HP49G+ ?

Revolution:
- the keyboard works!

From: timite_h on
I can't call a revolution something which was supposed to work out of
the box with the HP49G+.
If the HP50G is just what the HP49G+ was supposed to be, i would be
very disappointed.
At least TI is about to release a really new product with a new
hardware and a new O.S.
If HP is unable to release new product then they should work with
hidryx to manufacture a version of Qonos(without TI68K emulator) as
well as to design future products.

From: duenodemonte on
I wish it comes with 1 GB memory, Libs could be installed on port 3,
you can DELETE directories on SD card, and some others, can I dream on
?

Daniel

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: HP48GX memory
Next: Linux emulators