From: timite_h on
Yes.
I think that producing a HP50G(which is what the HP49G+ should have
been) is the last thing to do especially if they have even the single
hope to get a significant share of the calculators market.
HP i should design a new generation of calculators both for
educationnal and professionnal(if calculators are still useful for
professionnal) purpose.
According to me all educationnal graphing calculators(high end and low
end) should have nowadays this minimum:
*A high resolution touch sensitive screen
*A more graphic interface to fully take advantage of touch sensitive
screen
*A decent keyboard as the touch screen must be an improvement to
calculators and shouldn't remove one good feature of calculators:a
great keyboard for computations
*Pretty Print and Equation Writer even for purely numeric calculators

Also it is time that so call high end graphing calculators(besides the
HP48/49 series) have more advanced graphing abilities such as 3d
parametric surfaces plotting.
It is a shame that none calculators besides the HP48/49 series had this
feature.

From: ME on
I agree with all that you have said.
[...]

ME a ?crit :

From: Gene on
which calculators would you put this graphing capability ON?

The 33S?

?

The 39g+ and 40gs aren't designed for high-end graphing but students,
so that's why it's not on those.

No other models have big screens, so that's why it isn't on them.

If they had big screens, they'd be more expensive and you would have a
unit the size of the 48/49.

Gues I don't understand why you want these features on non-high end
calculators.

I wouldn't imagine a numeric only $40 calculator with a screen big
enough for an equation writer like you suggest.

From: Gilles on
>"timite_h" <timiteh(a)gmail.com> a ?crit dans le message de news:
>1148976996.323335.322380(a)j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I think that producing a HP50G(which is what the HP49G+ should have
>been) is the last thing to do especially
>(...)

I really dont agree with you :

>*A high resolution touch sensitive screen

Yes for a better resolution and better display, and perhaps colors ;)
Nothing to do for me with a sensitive screen. It's not very imporant for me.

>*A more graphic interface to fully take advantage of touch sensitive
>screen

I don't want this...

>*A decent keyboard as the touch screen must be an improvement to
>calculators and shouldn't remove one good feature of calculators:a
>great keyboard for computations

Yes. The keyboard of my 49g+ is decent but could be more decent.

In my opinion, i want a 49g+'like with :
- better screen,
- better resolution (at least the double). 320x200 would be perfect. I dont
want more ;)
- better keyboard,
- a better autonomy (I want more than one year ;) ,
- a better hardware (the colors of my 49g+ disappear !)
- a smaller machine (I want to put it in my pocket, something like a 42s)
and it must be a pleasure to have it in hands

I don't want a PDA'like

Gilles

From: timite_h on
Where do i say that these features should be put on on the HP33S ?
Where in my post do i talk of non graphing calculators ?

And i don't see how such features would significantly increase the
price of a low end graphing calculator.

Moreover i was not asking for advanced graphing features such as 3D
parametric surfaces plotting for low end graphing calculators.

Btw there are already basic scientific calculators with both Pretty
Print and basic equation writer from Casio.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: HP48GX memory
Next: Linux emulators