From: Terry on
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:23:24 GMT, katamasouth(a)hotmail.com (Terry)
wrote:

=>
=>I think I may have boobooed by paying to register my sponsored V.
=>6.6.6.1. The ads are gone, I have control over junk now, but I can't
=>get rid of the wasted space where the ads were.

I stumbled across the fix, in my case anyway. Start by exiting Eudora

1. Make a copy of eudora.ini

2.In the "real" eudora.ini search for the string "316".
(Thanks, John Meyers)associated with Bar 10

3. Change docking=1 to docking=0

4. Save and restart Eudora

5.Right-click in the open area and then left-click "Search
Bar" to remove it.

Voila!! Full-screen Eudora!

Hope it works for you!
Cheers--T

Terry--WB4FXD
Edenton, NC
From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 12:05:01 -0600, Terry wrote:

>> can't get rid of the wasted space where the ads were.
>
> I stumbled across the fix, in my case anyway. Start by exiting Eudora
>
> 1. Make a copy of eudora.ini
>
> 2.In the "real" eudora.ini search for the string "316".
> associated with Bar 10

The toolbar number may vary (and the bar number string appears
in more than one location within Eudora.ini), which is why directions
were posted in a particular way, which I believe will work for everyone.

That gimmick (equivalent to "float in main window" for the ad)
allows you to "close" the ad window like any other window
(with Ctrl+W for example), as an alternative to un-docking
and "drowning under Windows task bar," which is another way.

-[ ]-
From: Jon Purkey on
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:26:51 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>> When Eudora starts, the ad window is in the lower right corner,
>> only covering part of the "NUM" whatever that's for.
>
>Indicates "Num Lock" on your keyboard, duplicating an indicator
>which is on most keyboards anyway.
>
>There is also an OVR indicator (overwrite mode),
>and I presume a Caps Lock indicator
>(though I don't have such a mode in my OS :)

Thanks. The OVR indicator could be useful. I sometimes enter that mode
by mistake.

Hopefully all will go well with the ad window gone. It is nice being
able to see my entire mailbox list without scrolling.
From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:47:02 -0600, Jon Purkey wrote:

> The OVR indicator could be useful.
> I sometimes enter that mode by mistake.

The "overwrite" mode can be completely disabled,
if you wish:

AllowOverwriteMode=0
(insert into Eudora.ini [settings] section)

or

X-Eudora-Option:AllowOverwriteMode=0
(click on "link" within Eudora message window)

I've done this myself,
and no more accidentally wipe out my existing text
as I'm typing new text :)

A visibly different "insert vs. overwrite" cursor style
(as implemented in many other applications) would have helped
more than an indicator far off in the screen corner,
since the cursor is always right where you are looking,
but apparently this improvement was never considered.

-[ ]-
From: Daniel Jacobson on
In article <op.tosfvixnnn735j(a)w2kjhm.ia.mum.edu>, jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid says...

> AllowOverwriteMode=3D0
> X-Eudora-Option:AllowOverwriteMode=3D0

FYI:
I know I am using an old NewsReader, but just letting you know that all
your postings that have the letter combination of =0 come out =3D

You may want to disable quoted printable or whatever . . .
Yours are the only posts that display these letter combinations
incorrectly to me.

My Newsreader posts as:

Yours show as:
Over and Out