From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 19:21:46 -0600, Daniel Jacobson wrote:

> jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid says...
>
> AllowOverwriteMode[equals]3D0
> X-Eudora-Option:AllowOverwriteMode[equals]3D0

> I know I am using an old NewsReader,
> [which has difficulty with QP encoding]
> but just letting you know
> that all your postings that have [any equals sign]
> [translate the equals sign to "equals"3D]

Note that I'm doctoring every equals sign to the word "equals"
for this one post,
so that it doesn't get progressively worse for you in each post :)

> You may want to disable quoted printable or whatever . . .

I would love to, because it's messed up a lot of my posted short
programs too, but it's a bug in Opera version 9 (thru current 9.10),
which is not under user control; here's a mighty long thread on it,
which I started myself:

Mailing/posting programs containing "equals" [started 11 Oct 2006]
http://groups.google.com/group/opera.mail+news/browse_thread/thread/78e0200c98564de

Here is an Opera software guy declaring it a bug:
http://groups.google.com/group/opera.mail+news/msg/202036544852cd11

Quote:

What you're seeing is a bug. As you've figured out, whenever a
message body contains an "equals", the message is sent QP-encoded.
I've filed a bug report... We try to use 7bit encoding for
US-ASCII messages and 8bit otherwise. QP is a fallback,
mostly because it makes reading messages difficult.

It's a bit unfair to everyone else, however,
if I post lines for Eudora.ini which need an "equals"
but spell it out instead, which I think Eudora
will not itself understand very well :(

Thanks very much for being so observant,
and for offering the suggestion
(also please post in opera.mail+news
to remind Opera Software ASA to fix the bug :)

-[ ]-
From: sf on
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:23:34 -0700, Luke <luke(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:47:25 -0800, sf wrote:
>

>>What is this E you're talking about and what is the MDI task bar?
>
>See John H Meyers' reply to my question starting this thread:
>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/msg/fad587dff67a4390?hl=en&
>
>HTH.

Sorry, it didn't. That article was about the ad screen (mine says:
"Eudora" now). I was hoping for a link to a screen shot because I
don't have an "E" (visualizing IE's E) anywhere in sight and can't
remember seeing one in relationship to Eudora.

--
See return address to reply by email
From: Luke on
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:00:45 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:23:34 -0700, Luke <luke(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:47:25 -0800, sf wrote:
>>

>>>What is this E you're talking about and what is the MDI task bar?
>>
>>See John H Meyers' reply to my question starting this thread:
>>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/msg/fad587dff67a4390?hl=en&
>>
>>HTH.
>
>Sorry, it didn't. That article was about the ad screen (mine says:
>"Eudora" now). I was hoping for a link to a screen shot because I
>don't have an "E" (visualizing IE's E) anywhere in sight and can't
>remember seeing one in relationship to Eudora.

Read John Meyers' post at the link I gave above again. As he says in
that post immediately after he gives a Eudora.ini edit: "If you are
displaying Eudora's "MDI task bar" (Tools > Options > Display > "Show
MDI task bar") then you will now see one button containing M$'s famous
"e" symbol, representing "Internet Explorer...."

--
Luke
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:00:45 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:23:34 -0700, Luke <luke(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:47:25 -0800, sf wrote:
>>

>>>What is this E you're talking about and what is the MDI task bar?
>>
>>See John H Meyers' reply to my question starting this thread:
>>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/msg/fad587dff67a4390?hl=en&
>>
>>HTH.
>
>Sorry, it didn't. That article was about the ad screen (mine says:
>"Eudora" now). I was hoping for a link to a screen shot because I
>don't have an "E" (visualizing IE's E) anywhere in sight and can't
>remember seeing one in relationship to Eudora.

Expanding on Luke's post, the MDI taskbar is the very useful taskbar
near the bottom of the Eudora window that shows all your open mailboxes
and messages. Eudora can have multiple mailboxes and messages open at
the same time, making it possible to easily switch between them and work
on many at the same time. This MDI taskbar is one of the outstanding
features of Eudora.
--

Ajo Wissink

From: sf on
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 05:35:58 -0700, Luke <luke(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:00:45 -0800, sf wrote:

>>>See John H Meyers' reply to my question starting this thread:
>>>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/msg/fad587dff67a4390?hl=en&
>>>
>>>HTH.
>>
>>Sorry, it didn't. That article was about the ad screen (mine says:
>>"Eudora" now). I was hoping for a link to a screen shot because I
>>don't have an "E" (visualizing IE's E) anywhere in sight and can't
>>remember seeing one in relationship to Eudora.
>
>Read John Meyers' post at the link I gave above again. As he says in
>that post immediately after he gives a Eudora.ini edit: "If you are
>displaying Eudora's "MDI task bar" (Tools > Options > Display > "Show
>MDI task bar") then you will now see one button containing M$'s famous
>"e" symbol, representing "Internet Explorer...."

Ok... I followed the path you laid out and the MDI task bar is
checked. I guess I must have dragged it off to Never Never land as
soon as I saw it, because there is no E anywhere. I am not an IE fan.

--
See return address to reply by email
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last