From: sobriquet on
On 29 apr, 14:07, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On 28 apr, 21:46, D.J. <nocont...(a)noaddress.com> wrote:

> >> Doesn't matter. Ever since the "silver certificate" and "gold
> >> certificate"
> >> was done away with by the Reagan and Bush cartel there is nothing to
> >> connect the printing on paper currency with real-goods. The only value
> >> that
> >> any printed currency has today is how much you believe it to have. It has
> >> no foundation in reality anymore. The bits on a bank's hard-drive are
> >> just
> >> as valuable as the bits on your computer's hard-drives. They are
> >> connected
> >> by law to the exact same amount of real goods.
>
> >> People just haven't figured this out yet. Or more importantly, they don't
> >> want to realize it yet. Because when they do then nobody's "money" will
> >> have any value. Which it already does not have, any value, other than the
> >> cost of the paper and ink that was used to create it.
>
> >> Just clap your hands three times and say to yourself, "I believe, I
> >> believe, I believe." For that is the ONLY thing that is giving any money
> >> today any value whatsoever.
>
> > So we are wasting our time creating banknotes that have security
> > features to prevent people from duplicating and sharing money as they
> > see fit?
>
> No because doing so reduces the number of people capable of
> duplicating money.
>
> > Maybe we should try to use bit-strings as money for a while to see if
> > that makes things easier, if it doesn't really matter in your opinion
> > whether we use banknotes or bit-strings as money.
>
> You've heard of online banking and paypal haven;t you, amonst others.

When I take up money from my paypal account (by transferring it to my
bank account)
this money comes out the ATM in the form of banknotes, not bit-
strings.
From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 29 apr, 14:07, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > So we are wasting our time creating banknotes that have security
>> > features to prevent people from duplicating and sharing money as they
>> > see fit?
>>
>> No because doing so reduces the number of people capable of
>> duplicating money.
>>
>> > Maybe we should try to use bit-strings as money for a while to see if
>> > that makes things easier, if it doesn't really matter in your opinion
>> > whether we use banknotes or bit-strings as money.
>>
>> You've heard of online banking and paypal haven;t you, amonst others.
>>

>When I take up money from my paypal account (by transferring it to my
>bank account)
>this money comes out the ATM in the form of banknotes, not bit-
>strings.

How did the "money" get into the paypal account?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 29 apr, 10:31, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>[.. babbling ..]
>
>You are a nazi cockroach that belongs in jail along with all the rest

The screechings of a criminal.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
whisky-dave <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote:

>"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>> Hence the freedom to exchange information freely (when all bitstrings
>> would belong to the public domain) is more important than the right of
>> artists to make a living based on their creative skills.
>
>Can you prove this ?
>Can you prove all bitstrings belong to the public domain.
>
>Didn't think so.

Of course he can't. He's just a selfish criminal who wants to steal
the work of other people. Excepts you and me to pay for such things
so that he won't have to.

Like almost every criminal in prison he thinks he's special and he's
justified in stealing from people.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 29 apr, 15:22, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Hence the freedom to exchange information freely (when all bitstrings
>> > would belong to the public domain) is more important than the right of
>> > artists to make a living based on their creative skills.
>>
>> Can you prove this ?
>> Can you prove all bitstrings belong to the public domain.
>
>Can you prove that there exists a single bit-string that isn't part of
>the public domain?

Yes.

>Surely if you could, you could just show me a bit-string that is not
>part of the public domain.

Microsoft Windows 7.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Prev: California Poppy Reserve
Next: [photos] Morocco