First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
reject_unverified_sender in postfix woud like to over ride withemail address
reject unverified sender is nice way to block spam. But it also blocks my other servers that really are not e-mail servers. I have tried to get around this with no luck. I have two backup servers that are not really e-mail servers. There is no route to them but they do send out information via sendmail. I w... 19 May 2010 07:09
postmaster problem with virtual and mysql
A while back I changed my aliases to use the mysql database. Well I thought everything was fine until I had a changed and relized the postmaster address was not working. Okay no problem I'll just link a postmaster address to the support account of my system. Well that is great if I send a mail to post maste... 18 May 2010 19:15
Postfix, SASL and LDAPDB
Hey guys, I want to set up SASL authentication using LDAPDB, but it seems that postfix connects to LDAP but doesn't send anything to it... I try to authenticate using 'auth plain <base64>', and I receive : 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: authentication failure Connection to LDAP works fine at the n... 19 May 2010 20:30
looking for an SMTP testing tool
I'm looking for an SMTP testing tool I can use to do tests of configuration changes to Postfix. To do the proper tests I need to carry out the actual SMTP protocol from this program (as opposed to just putting mail in the queue), with TLS, STARTTLS, and login/authentication support, do it from a command line or sh... 19 May 2010 10:26
track down deferred mail reason
Hi, I have setup postfix as an mx backup using: relay_domains = betterthanbacon.com defer_transports = smtp Works ok, but upon browsing the log /var/log/mail.log, I have found the following entry: May 18 13:06:56 ks postfix/error[14135]: 781A83E1F9: to=<eweivivuhi7489(a)blokowe. pl>, relay=none, delay=0.14,... 18 May 2010 09:15
Filter only unauthenticated connections
Hi all I'm hoping to configure postfix to only apply content filtering to mail that comes from unauthenticated sources, or outside sources if that's not possible. Basically, I want unauthenticated email checked for spam+viruses, but not authenticated email, because we've had the occasional problem with false pos... 17 May 2010 11:18
Receipent Access
Hi, I'm trying to configure our postfix servers to only accept email for valid recipents from a hash table, I have in a file following an example online that it should be in the format of zhu.fu(a)example.com OK Can anyone confirm if this is correct ? Thanks ... 17 May 2010 11:18
ISP bounces email
Hi, My ISP suddenly started bouncing my mail. I phoned them up and they started saying "In profiles do...". I pointed out at that point that I used Unix and the tech took fright & said that he'd get somebody to ring me back; nobody ever did. I assume that they've added some sort of authentication scheme on ... 17 May 2010 09:07
TLS Client certificate expiry?
Hi, just a configuration/security question: I am running a postfix server which allows relaying and using particular sender domains for some people, but not for the public. The authorised users have to authnticate either with SASL or TLS client certificates. Since the server works also as a recipient, TLS is n... 16 May 2010 13:32
Mailing list on virtual domain
For a given virtual domain, I would like to send mail with a certain prefix to another process (via pipe) while all other mail gets delivered normally. Here are the (hopefully) relevant pieces of my various config files: /etc/postfix/master.cf list-expander unix - n n - - pipe f... 14 May 2010 18:19