From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:19:48 -0800, Savageduck wrote:

> Oh well, for what it's worth, here is my vote for PS Elements.
>
> The OP is a novice. He is exactly the type of photographer Elements is
> intended for. GIMP is without question a powerful editor, but has a less
> than intuitive user interface. GIMP is not without issues.

Neither is PS Elements. If it was, there wouldn't be a need for all those
books, support forums and tutorial videos.

This is my last response on this matter. You may feel the need to advocate
a piece of software like you're _getting_ paid for it, I don't.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: nospam on
In article <2bc1b$4b84394c$546accd9$22352(a)cache80.multikabel.net>,
Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote:

> Neither is PS Elements. If it was, there wouldn't be a need for all those
> books, support forums and tutorial videos.

the reason there are all those books and videos is because photoshop
can do so much more. if all you do is tweak colour balance, pretty much
any app will suffice.
From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:46:27 -0500, Alan Lichtenstein wrote:

[...]
> Based on the discussion so far, I feel that something like GIMP may not
> be good for me, based on my needs and the lack of support. But I thank
> everyone who recommended it anyway. I don't mind spending a few
> dollars, although Photoshop CS3 or 4 IS a bit much right now.
>
> Hope this clarifies a bit.

Certainly.

In which way do you find support for GIMP lacking?

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: Ray on
John A. <john(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> I'm currently looking for a good tagging organizer that uses (or can
> be configured to use) an external index rather than embedding tags in
> image files. I like DigiKam (via KDE on Windows) but the function to
> launch images with external programs can't seem to handle spaces in
> directory names (which pretty much kills it since most programs
> install somewhere under "Program Files".)

Try using the old-format name, PROGRA~1, instead of "Program Files".
Or you could use SUBST to assign a drive letter to the Program Files
folder.

--
Ray
(remove the Xs to reply)
From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:22:53 -0500, nospam wrote:

>> And only one suggesting da Gimp is a real person. The rest are
>> anonymous handles, some of which shift daily.
>
> true.

Can you answer my questions to John then?

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com