First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Create a small table from a large table by skipping empty colu
I guess I didn't realize something in my "table"....the "blank" cells aren't really blank. I think they are "", which might not be the same, since when I try to select blanks, they are not selected. However, I am able to filter on "blanks" for each column, highlight all and hit "delete" on the keyboard, and t... 23 Apr 2010 10:46
Formula to format selective part in a text
Hi all, In MS Excel, in th below formula what additional formula do I add to make selective text in different formats (ex. bold)? Ex: ="Mission 1 Start Date: "&text(A1,"DD-MMM-YYYY") In the result I want only the date part of the result text to be in bold letters. Thanks in advance. ... 23 Apr 2010 13:55
Classification
Hello, I am trying to classify 5 columns of scores into groups based on the dominant score in each row. for example, if column A2 has the highest score out of A2:E2, then the classification number should be 1. likewise if E2 has the highest score out of A2:E2, then the classification number should be 5 a... 23 Apr 2010 10:46
Start of macro via desktop icon no longer work
I start my Xl2007 application with an desktop icon. The destination for the icon is the macro path e.g. c:\test\mymacro.xla. It worked for a long time. But after an unplanned crash it's not possible to start the application via desktop icon. When I try to start the program via icon I get the error message "can't fin... 24 Apr 2010 11:40
PivotTable count unique
I have several pivot tables linked to a single database with 12 fields All database records are unique One pivot table looks at just 2 fields from 12 as per the simplified example below: Field1 Field2 A abc A abc A def B ghi C hij Would like the pivot table to count the ... 23 Apr 2010 12:52
find range question
Dear experts, I need to compare 2 ranges of data by a concatenation of cells (for both). I have the following code For i = 1 To 10 Set f = sha.Range("a" & i & ":d" & i).Find(what:=shb.Range("a1:d1"), lookat:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues) If Not f Is Nothing Then MsgBox f.Address Next i But it does not do wha... 23 Apr 2010 08:41
providing serial numbers with cells hidden
Dear I tried this one but it is not working properly. May be I am getting wrong. Can you explain how can I use this code and where? Regards Abdul Qadir "galimi" wrote: You may just need to turn on auto calculation. -- http://HelpExcel.com ed(a)helpExcel.com "srinivasan" wrote:... 23 Apr 2010 06:36
Unhide rows in an Excel Macro
The worksheet has 120 rows required for data entry - this takes place in 4 row increments. (Row 1 is an Information row - no data input) Data input begins on row 2. The worksheet is protected except for specific cells. So, leaving the first 4 rows available for input, and the remaining rows hidden, I need ... 23 Apr 2010 02:25
Conditional formatting?
I have rows of different activities listed by description. I now need to allocate numeric codes to those descriptions. There are about 20 different codes I need to use. Is it possible to then total those codes on the bottom PER code (i.e. all codes of 115 total on the bottom in one cell, all codes of 135 tot... 23 Apr 2010 08:41
EXcel Chart Size Probelm with Printer - Please Help
I create via VBA a number of charts on an Excel sheet. I want to size each of these to suit a single page of the printer. THe problem I have is I cannot figure out the relationship between the Excel shape width and the printer's printable width. I have via a series of API got the printer's printable area and con... 25 Apr 2010 04:25