From: measekite on

Mary wrote:

>"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>>The ones without chips are much easier to deal with. The chip is a
>>>pain.. I don't remember seeing the ip3000 . it was probably around
>>>

>before I
>

>>>started looking at printers which is only lately.

SNIP

>>yellow made for soggy paper, but easily fixed if you said it was plain
>>paper.
>>

>I always use Kodak soft gloss and it makes nice photos. I dont like
>glossy or high gloss. its too shiny.

AS PER CANON AND MOST OTHERS KODAK PAPER DOES NOT NOT NOT WORK WELL IN
CANON PRINTERS. CALL CANON AND ASK THEM.

THEY WILL RECOMMEND EPSON PAPER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE CANON PAPER.
AND YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THIS GUY. I GUESS BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK
TOGETHER.

From: zakezuke on
> Canon ink isn't noted for it's lightfastness, esp aftermarket ink.
> Would that include compatibles?

Certainly.

> > Spray helps.

> When you say lightfastness, what does that mean? the pictures will fade
> after a while?
> does the spray prevent photos from fading?

Indeed. I know nothing about what you buy, but generally speaking the
compatable ink, i.e. the stuff not licensed by canon, tends to fade
faster. Spray helps cut the expsure to UV light. Also canon's inks
are not very gasfast, and nor are most compatables. Spray helps.

For example, brand name ink, brand name paper, is rated according to
them 100years in an album, 30 years under glass, 10 years if totally
unprotected. These number are hard to believe, but I can believe that
a print life can be increased by storing it away, or saving it under
glass. Spray is a nice medium between protecting it underglass and not
protecting it at all.

From: Mary on
> > Canon ink isn't noted for it's lightfastness, esp aftermarket ink.
> > Would that include compatibles?
>
> Certainly.
>

> > > Spray helps.
>
> > When you say lightfastness, what does that mean? the pictures will
fade
> > after a while?
> > does the spray prevent photos from fading?
>
> Indeed. I know nothing about what you buy, but generally speaking the
> compatable ink, i.e. the stuff not licensed by canon, tends to fade
> faster. Spray helps cut the expsure to UV light. Also canon's inks
> are not very gasfast, and nor are most compatables. Spray helps.

I thought you knew I always buy Staples compatibles for my ip1500 and
always have, except for one time not long ago when I had the color
problem on my photos, I tried Canon brand but the problem was still
there with the colors. It was only an experiment to try Canon.
Staples brand was fine for the whole year then the printhead didn't work
properly and not long after that, the ink waste absorber pads went.

> For example, brand name ink, brand name paper, is rated according to
> them 100years in an album, 30 years under glass, 10 years if totally
> unprotected. These number are hard to believe, but I can believe that
> a print life can be increased by storing it away, or saving it under
> glass. Spray is a nice medium between protecting it underglass and
not
> protecting it at all.

I have never seen that spray here, but maybe it is. I will keep these
things in mind. And yes, the numbers are hard to believe. I would think
they would last more than 10 years. How do you store your photos that
you print on your printer?

As I asked, is the ip3000 as good as the ip4000. Does the extra large
black in the ip4000 mean a much better photo than the ip300? I also saw
iP2200 around but not in Staples. Staples seem only to stock the latest
printers and when they get older, they end up at the warehouse, where
they sell them online. They like to keep up to date I guess.

Mary

From: measekite on
NOT AGAIN

Mary wrote:

>"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>>Canon ink isn't noted for it's lightfastness, esp aftermarket ink.
>>>Would that include compatibles?
>>>

>>Certainly.

>>>When you say lightfastness, what does that mean? the pictures will
>>>

>fade
>

>>>after a while?
>>>does the spray prevent photos from fading?
>>>

>>Indeed. I know nothing about what you buy, but generally speaking the
>>compatable ink, i.e. the stuff not licensed by canon, tends to fade
>>faster.

OH YEAH

>> Spray helps cut the expsure to UV light.

AND DULLS THE FINNISH

>>Also canon's inks
>>are not very gasfast,

NOT A PROBLEM

>>and nor are most compatables. Spray helps.
>>

>I thought you knew I always buy Staples compatibles for my ip1500

AND SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IN GOD

AND DID YOU KNOW THAT

MAN CREATED GOD IN HIS OWN IMAGE

>and
>always have, except for one time not long ago when I had the color
>problem on my photos, I tried Canon brand but the problem was still
>there with the colors. It was only an experiment to try Canon.
>Staples brand was fine for the whole year then the printhead didn't work
>properly

THAT IS GOOD. YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED FOR NOT FOLLOWING CANON'S
FACTORY SPECS

>and not long after that, the ink waste absorber pads went.
>

>>For example, brand name ink, brand name paper, is rated according to
>>them 100years in an album, 30 years under glass, 10 years if totally
>>unprotected. These number are hard to believe, but I can believe that
>>a print life can be increased by storing it away, or saving it under
>>glass. Spray is a nice medium between protecting it underglass and
>>

>not
>

>>protecting it at all.
>>

>I have never seen that spray here, but maybe it is. I will keep these
>things in mind. And yes, the numbers are hard to believe.

NO THERE NOT

>I would think
>they would last more than 10 years.

THEY DO

>How do you store your photos that
>you print on your printer?
>
>As I asked, is the ip3000 as good as the ip4000.

NOT BY A LONG SHOT

>Does the extra large
>black in the ip4000 mean a much better photo than the ip300?

YES BUT IT IS THE SMALL BLACK

>I also saw
>iP2200 around but not in Staples.

THAT IS JUNK

> Staples seem only to stock the latest
>printers and when they get older, they end up at the warehouse, where
>they sell them online. They like to keep up to date I guess.

DUH

From: zakezuke on

Mary wrote:

> I thought you knew I always buy Staples compatibles for my ip1500 and
> always have, except for one time not long ago when I had the color
> problem on my photos, I tried Canon brand but the problem was still
> there with the colors. It was only an experiment to try Canon.
> Staples brand was fine for the whole year then the printhead didn't work
> properly and not long after that, the ink waste absorber pads went.

I know you buy staples, I know nothing about staples ink.
> > For example, brand name ink, brand name paper, is rated according to
> > them 100years in an album, 30 years under glass, 10 years if totally
> > unprotected. These number are hard to believe, but I can believe that
> > a print life can be increased by storing it away, or saving it under
> > glass. Spray is a nice medium between protecting it underglass and
> not
> > protecting it at all.
>
> I have never seen that spray here, but maybe it is. I will keep these
> things in mind. And yes, the numbers are hard to believe. I would think
> they would last more than 10 years. How do you store your photos that
> you print on your printer?

More than 10 years? I've met prints when exposed to the sunlight that
didn't last months. Though my last test of the PR-101 paper did take
the sun for 3 months before I lost the print. I'm somewhat new to
photo printing so I have yet to work out a cool procedure. For photos
and negatives I store them in an album with a zipper.

> As I asked, is the ip3000 as good as the ip4000. Does the extra large
> black in the ip4000 mean a much better photo than the ip300? I also saw
> iP2200 around but not in Staples. Staples seem only to stock the latest
> printers and when they get older, they end up at the warehouse, where
> they sell them online. They like to keep up to date I guess.

The ip3000 is as good as the ip4000 but lacks the dye black tank. If
the black is 80% in blackness, the dye black kicks in on the ip4000.
The ip3000 mixes cyan, magenta, and yellow to make black. The effect
very much depends on your ink, but the stuff I buy it's actually very
black. Most of the time I can not tell the difference, and there is
only a difference if there is dark black in the picture.

They both have large black tanks, the ip3000 lacks the small black.

The ip2200 is likely an upgrade to the ip2000, which was similar to the
ip1500. I was not aware they existed in North America. It's basicly
an ip1600 from my understanding, so definatly the head on the cartridge
type. It will however accept the high yield versions of the head on
the cartridge type, where the ip1600 doesn't list those as being an
option. I don't know all of this for a fact, it's not a printer i've
ever met personaly. All I know is it's basicly the same thing as the
ip1600. Budget class, expensive ink, no compatables.

Ip3000 on the other hand is on close out, costs the same as an ip1600,
but comes with ttriple the ink. 11.0lbs, so lighter than the ip4000
at 14.9 lbs. Same size though, an unlike the ip4000 it doesn't offer a
parelell port, it's USB only.
http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products.asp?lng=en&prodid=879&sgid=23&gid=2&ovr=1&arch=1

It has all the bells and whistles of the ip4000... and also CD printing
can be enabled on it if you buy a tray. You can get these on e-bay,
and I think Canadians can order them from the canon parts dealer. If
you can, you can sell them to yanks at 100% profit and they would be
thankful.