From: felmon on
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:56:05 +0000, Baron wrote:

> When you installed 11.1 you were offered a choice "Gnome, KDE4 and
> Other" Choose "Other" and KDE3.5 is there. You can install it from YAST
> as well.

well, I installed 11.2 but subsequent posts suggest it is possible still
to install kd3. I'll investigate the next time I boot in.

Felmon

From: felmon on
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:10:07 +0100, EOS wrote:

>> When you installed 11.1 you were offered a choice "Gnome, KDE4 and
>> Other" Choose "Other" and KDE3.5 is there. You can install it from
>> YAST as well.
>
> adding KDE3 repo into openSUSE 11.2 works also
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_11.2
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE3

thank you. I will have a look at this. Felmon
From: Ulick Magee on
Darklight wrote:

> I had a feeling some thing like this was going to happen when microsoft
> brought into suse.

You are either trolling or are just repeating a line you heard about
issues you clearly do not understand.

Microsoft did not buy into SUSE or Novell.

Changes to KDE are as a result of decisions made by the KDE project.
Switching distros may buy you some more time, but KDE3 is going to die
off sooner or later.
If you don't like KDE4 then use a different desktop environment,
openSUSE supports more than most other distros.

> Now lets see how long it takes to port kde to microsoft.
> that is having a workable desk top for windows.

Anyone can port KDE or any free software to anything they like, provided
they comply with the appropriate licences.

Mac OSX is a proprietary OS largely based on BSD. Microsoft have used
BSD TCP/IP code previously (and maybe still do.)

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: Peter Köhlmann on
houghi wrote:

> Paul J Gans wrote:
>> Good to know. But why was it removed from YAST? Just to annoy
>> old users of openSUSE?
>
> As explained in the Release Notes, xorg.conf does not exist anymore. As
> that is not there anymore, why would it be needed in YaST?
>
> houghi

This is wrong

xorg.conf is not present by default, it still is needed if
a) X detects something wrong
b) you need to configure things which are not autodetected

And please remove your "reply.to.server(a)your.provider.invalid"

The only thing you achieve with that is annyoing posters who want to
answer your post
--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

From: Ulick Magee on
Peter K�hlmann wrote:

> And please remove your "reply.to.server(a)your.provider.invalid"
>
> The only thing you achieve with that is annyoing posters who want to
> answer your post

Is this a Knode issue? it's not a problem in Thunderbird.