First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 10 May 2010 03:22
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing then.
Forgot to mention, we run SQLServer on a machine PC, not on a server. For server purposes this wouldn't work unless you restart the SQLServer regularly. Marcel de Vries wrote: RE: Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing then. 10-May-10 I'm having the same problem. I have now changed t... 10 May 2010 03:22
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing then.
I'm having the same problem. I have now changed the folling thing. When you create a publicication in RMO, you can set the schedule for a snapshot. publication.SnapshotSchedule.FrequencyType = ScheduleFrequencyType.Continuously; I've set the frequencytype to Continuously. This way the snapshot is taken when sq... 10 May 2010 03:22
Question regarding how the witness server works.
If we take a backup of the witness server, and then the witness server has a catastrophic failure and must be rebuilt, can we take the backup and restore it and be assured that database mirroring and failover will work as expected? Or are the contents of the witness server kept up to date as the mirroring pro... 6 May 2010 16:31
Add new articel
I would like to know how to add a new article (table or procedure) to the subscriber that was initialized from a backup. ... 6 May 2010 15:23
SQL 2008 Trans Repl Error - Never seen before?
Publisher (pub is own Distributor) SQL 2008 Std Ed SP1 on Win2008 Server SP2 Created a trans repl pub with 1 table, added subscription to another db on publisher. All ok so far. Start snapshot agent: Error below. I cannot find anything googling this error. Please help. Tia Chris Error messages: Me... 5 May 2010 22:42
2008->2000 Transactional: Bug?
2008SP1 Publisher, Transactional, Queued 2000SP3 Subscriber When I publish the table, 2008 implements Automatic Identity Range Management by putting a identity range constraint on my SysID column. When applying the snapshot to the subscriber, after all the data is copied (a successful sync, by all accounts) th... 18 May 2010 12:34
identity range allocation entry for Publisher not found
I had a publisher to a republisher scenario going on 2005 build 9.0.4035. once all the subscriptions were moved to the republisher I dropped the Publisher thereby making the republisher the new and only publisher. Issue: I need to create a new snapshot and the error I get when trying to run the snapshot is: ... 5 May 2010 10:26
How to replicate database security (users, roles, ...) ?
Hello, I am new to this replication stuff, but I have successfully set up my MERGE REPLICATION which replicates TABLES, STORED PROCEDURES, USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS. Unfortunately I see that the whole security (users, roles, ...) are not replicated in the subscriber database => is there a way to keep the secur... 5 May 2010 23:49
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 4 May 2010 22:24