From: Betov on
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> ?crivait

> It's when they *stop* asking questions that one has to be worried.
> Because at that point, they've stopped trying to learn the subject.
> Make all the snide remarks you like, but the bottom line is that people
> asking questions about how to do things in HLA is a *very good* thing.
> Much to your annoyance, it means that people are learning assembly with
> HLA.

Simply impossible, clown. People who want to learn Assembly
must use an Assembler, and there exist no other way.

Now, do you want me to copy&paste example of questions asked
by your victims, that would be utterly impossible with an
Assembler, clown?

A couple of very funny ones found at your Board at MASM32,
that would likely not exist for an Assembler, and for sure
could never be found for RosAsm:

"When I enter a number >= 0, it displays the positive integers.
But when I enter a number such as +127, +100, I get HLA
Exception (5), Conversion Error."

:)

"When I compiled the Program, I'm getting the error message
shown below... Would someone be able to give any hints where
I should be looking to resolve this issue?"

:)

"I installed FHLA1.86 midnight this early morning; but later
after work of today found my NB can not hook up thru my desktop
PC then to adsl modem to Internet again."

:]]

Ask if you want more....

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
"sevag.krikorian(a)gmail.com" <sevag.krikorian(a)gmail.com> ?crivait

> They will use an HLL if it's more convenient to do so, remember the
> path of least resistance. It's a law of nature.

I have no doubt about this.

I just wonder how it is, that, you, who will evidently
never know what Assembly is, wish so furiously to help
destroying it by trying to sell an HLL Pre-Parser under
the usurpated name of Assembly.

After all, would you change the scandalous name of HLA
for "One Another C", and would you go and post your
insamities at a C News Group, i would simply have nothing
to say at all, but "Good luck, gang of clowns".

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on

> If you count a half dozen or so developers as "successful", then you
> have a very limited notion of "success".

Wereas you, who developped an HLL Pre-parser for (how long
did you say, clown?... :)))) all alone, have a very correct
notion of success.

In some way, you are right: I am really impressed by your
competencies in matter of propaganda. Congratulations, clown.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on

> why don't you point out at least 10 things that FASM's macro system
> can do that HLA's cannot?
> We're waiting...

Dream on, clown. First, remove FASM from your HLL Pre-Parser
Package, and show me one thing that HLA can do.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: KiLVaiDeN on
> Evenbit wrote:
>
> Your answer to the difference between a binary file and a character
> file is very funny:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_frm/thread/b12bc57f3e9421ef/3b5837b65780deef?lnk=st&q=KiLVaiDeN&rnum=10&hl=en#3b5837b65780deef
>
> Looks like you need to re-read the first couple chapters of AoA.

After you probably searched through several of my posts to find
something to criticize, couldn't find anything, probably couldn't
understand much of the posts anyways, you had to quote something, and
based on your limited knowledge, you took that one. That's the funny
thing on here :-)

Difference between a binary file and a character file... Let me teach
you a bit : it's all about the context. One could say, a binary file is
a character file ( open it in notepad, and it'll show "something" ) or
the opposite ( you could try to launch a txt file as a binary, it'll
eventually crash, hopefully it will, but by the system it'd be viewed
as a binary nonetheless ). We are talking here about the MEANING of the
content of a file and not about HOW it's stored on the hdd. Did you
ever hear about abstraction levels ? Do you know that when you open a
file, you need to know it's format, and you need to know how data is
stored inside, in order to be able to use it programmaticaly ?

A binary file, is a file that is not readable by humans directly, it
contains bytes of data, that can only be parsed by a program which
knows the way of parsing it. A character file, as we call it, contains
data directly readable by a human, usually each "record" is seperated
by a special character ( a new line usually ) while each file is also
character-separated.

Hope you could learn something on here, even though another funny thing
is that you tell me to read AoA to understand this; You should be the
one trying to read some other books, to actually get some decent skills
and be able to criticize people basing your argumentation on something
REAL.

Cheers