From: Betov on
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> ?crivait

> Betov wrote:
>> While your victims are asking incredible questions about
>> how to have your HLL Pre-Parser doing something, we rather
>> have new comers who introduce themselves... by proposing
>> a contribution to RosAsm itself.
>>
>> Amaizing, not?
>
> Not at all amazing. RosAsm is such a weak assembler, it's not at all
> surprising that people are constantly proposing new features for it.
:-)

Maybe, clown. That would probably explain the reason why
the "production" of our great Master and teacher of Asm,
publishing so great books, and seen at TV, has to do his
bullshits all alone: An HLL Pre-Parser written in Flex,
Bison and C, is simply a too "strong" thing , for having
any volunteer giving a hand at such a mess.

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: randyhyde@earthlink.net on

Betov wrote:

> Maybe, clown. That would probably explain the reason why
> the "production" of our great Master and teacher of Asm,
> publishing so great books, and seen at TV, has to do his
> bullshits all alone: An HLL Pre-Parser written in Flex,
> Bison and C, is simply a too "strong" thing , for having
> any volunteer giving a hand at such a mess.

Well, I think you pretty much said it all. What can I say?
A little jealous there, aren't you?
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

From: Evenbit on

KiLVaiDeN wrote:
> I have work to do now. If you doubt about my programming skills, you
> can always do a quick search about me, you'll find several interesting
> things I've contributed to.

Your answer to the difference between a binary file and a character
file is very funny:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_frm/thread/b12bc57f3e9421ef/3b5837b65780deef?lnk=st&q=KiLVaiDeN&rnum=10&hl=en#3b5837b65780deef

Looks like you need to re-read the first couple chapters of AoA.

> I'm a professionnal programmer

This doesn't mean that you know what it is that you are talking about.
People who actually *know* the subject can smell the bullshit you seem
intent on spreading.

FWIW, here is a program that demonstrates the difference between a
binary file and a character file -- when run, it creates two files and
you will know which one is binary and which one is character by their
respective file names:

program binchar;
#include("stdlib.hhf")

begin binchar;

fileio.openNew("characterfile.txt");
fileio.putc(eax, #30);
fileio.putc(eax, #31);
fileio.newln(eax);
fileio.close(eax);

fileio.openNew("binaryfile.txt");
fileio.putc(eax, #30);
fileio.putc(eax, #31);
fileio.newln(eax);
fileio.close(eax);

end binchar;

Nathan.

From: sevag.krikorian@gmail.com on

On Oct 20, 4:26 am, "KiLVaiDeN" <kilvai...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand though your point of view : you say HLA is an assembler,
> because it has all the directives an assembler is supposed to provide,
> in order to produce machine code, and therefore someone *could* use it
> that way, as a pure assembler. Right.
>
> Yet I believe that *MOST* HLA users don't use HLA that way. They use it
> with all the functions your library can provide.
>
> And there is my point : an HLA user, who is using MOSTLY the directives
> of HLA, is NOT programming in assembly. He's programming in HLA. That's
> what I'm trying to say from the beginning, but you twist my words all
> the time. It's just as simple as that.
>
> Cheers

What you say is true. I use HLA exactly in this fashion and it makes
the code easier to maintain. A couple points to add here though.
Anyone who uses macros in any assembler to emulate HLL statements is
also no longer programming in assembly (for example, Betov doesn't
program in assembly as is evident by the RosAsm code). Yet, when the
tool provides the powerful macros, many people are inclined to use them
as it makes programming and maintaining code much easier. In fact I
see so few people these days coding bare-metal. Even those tend to use
frame and invoke macros.

The biggest critisizms against HLA (and AoA) are directed at its
ability to help beginners learn assembly language. Some argue that
starting with a crutch of high-level statements and slowly working down
to bare-machine instructions is ineffective.
While the may prove true for some, many others have learned assembly
using this method thus making such an argument a very weak one.

Rene's venomous attacks against Randall have gone beyond the tools,
what they represent and how effective they are. He has even claimed to
do anything to damage Randall, even if it damages himself. From here,
it just seems like rage and jealousy. He has gotten so pathetic that
he ends up insulting those who decide to discuss something with Randall
rather than himself (or someone else), not realizing that he is winning
allies for Randall in the process! A truly sad creature. Alas, he had
such potential.

sevag.k

From: Betov on

> Betov wrote:
>>
>> Maybe, clown. That would probably explain the reason why
>> the "production" of our great Master and teacher of Asm,
>> publishing so great books, and seen at TV, has to do his
>> bullshits all alone: An HLL Pre-Parser written in Flex,
>> Bison and C, is simply a too "strong" thing , for having
>> any volunteer giving a hand at such a mess.
>
> Well, I think you pretty much said it all. What can I say?
> A little jealous there, aren't you?

Yes. I also would like to become a great Asm Master and teacher
so that i would be able to call an HLL Pre-Parser, written in
HLL-VHLL... an Assembler. Indeed, i am jealous.

:)

But this does not explain how it is possible to have beginners
proposing contributions, in RosAsm Assembly, for RosAsm itself,
instead of asking questions like the ones you have to answer to,
whereas, very exactly, your HLA thingie was introduced as a tool
specificaly devoted to beginners, and wheras RosAsm never was
targeting any beginner at all. Miracle, clown?

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >