From: sevag.krikorian@gmail.com on

On Oct 22, 3:00 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> Also, when i claim something, i am used to provide
> _LINKS_, and _FACTS_.

You provide links but rarly facts. You've seen my links and facts so
stop skirting the issues.

>He was the perfect example of the failure case of HLA. Period.
> You also are a good candidate, by the way.

A failure case involves someone who stops using the product and
switches to another. Rosasm has its share of failure cases. Rosasm
itself is a failure case.

> This still does not make any HLL Pre-Parser any "Macros
> Symbolic Assembler".

It doesn't matter what you want to call it. This is no discussion of
implementation. It's a discussion of how the tools are used. HLA is a
high level assembler, it does not pretend to be anything else.
Naturally, you will see HLA programmers taking advantage of the high
level features.

> > 3.So here, two people are having a decent conversation when you barge
> > in and "this is this and that is that....whaa!" Let go of your blind
> > hatred and stay on topic, dude. The world has moved on... we miss
> > you.

> You understand it or not, minion, ALA is completely
> overflown by guys who have never, - and who will never -
> write any Application in Assembly, and who, therefore,
> will never be Assembly Programmers. You belong to this
> sad majority. Nothing new.
>
> Betov.
>
> <http://rosasm.org>

Add yourself to the list of people who will never program in assembly.
Rosasm sources are not written in assembly. Anyone how looks will see
that it is a form of high-level assembly.

The fact you fail to understand is that people will take the path of
least resistance when they program. This means using features provided
by their chosen assembler. It it has symbolic support, they will use
symbols rather than relying on constant offsets. If it has macros,
those will be used. If it has structure support, structures will be
used. Etc.

sevag.k
www.geocities.com/kahlinor

From: Frank Kotler on
Evenbit wrote:

> HIDE - {for Frank} stoneded

That would be "HIGHED", Nathan. You've heard of the famous "high word"?
(but close enough!)

Best,
Frank
From: Annie on

On 2006-10-22 Frank Kotler said:

> Evenbit wrote:
>
> > I wonder where the lower
> > portion of this character file is:
> >
> > http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/annie2.jpg
>
> Annie made me promise not to post those.

I should probably update that photo, Frank. I'm MUCH
cuter now. Hehe!

> Evidence of how symbol-oriented the human mind is, that we can
> become physically aroused by ascii text!

But then, dweeby programmer nerds can become aroused
at the mere thought of a dried apricot.

You guys need to get out more. Hehehe!

From: Betov on
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> ?crivait

> First of all, you may get beginners to RosAsm, but they're rarely
> beginners to assembly.

Eughhh.. you know more than i do, clown.

>> whereas, very exactly, your HLA thingie was introduced as a tool
>> specificaly devoted to beginners, and wheras RosAsm never was
>> targeting any beginner at all. Miracle, clown?
>
> And you are surprised? Yes, beginners *are* learning assembly language
> programming via HLA.

How could this be possible, clown? Do you learn chineese
when travelling in Norway?

> And yes, as one would expect, they ask beginning
> questions. If you're not getting those same sorts of questions asked
> with RosAsm, that simply means that you're not getting many beginners.

No, clown. This means that the questions, regulary asked
by your victims would be, in most case, absolutely
impossible with an Assembler, and particulary impossible
with an Assembler like RosAsm, that is there to show what
is going on, when your HLL Pre-Parser is there for obfuscating
Assembly. When the guys have the answers under their noses,
they don't ask the question, usually. Period.

> You should not infer from the lack of such questions that the beginners
> are simply figuring everything out for themselves and RosAsm is a great
> tool for beginners as a result.

You should not infer from the questions of your victims,
anything else but the perfect demonstration of the real
failure case of your HLL Pre-Parser, clown.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
"sevag.krikorian(a)gmail.com" <sevag.krikorian(a)gmail.com> ?crivait

>>He was the perfect example of the failure case of HLA. Period.
>> You also are a good candidate, by the way.
>
> A failure case involves someone who stops using the product and
> switches to another. Rosasm has its share of failure cases. Rosasm
> itself is a failure case.

Yes? How is it that there are, actually several volunteers
developing it actively, then?

>> This still does not make any HLL Pre-Parser any "Macros
>> Symbolic Assembler".
>
> It doesn't matter what you want to call it. This is no discussion of
> implementation. It's a discussion of how the tools are used. HLA is a
> high level assembler,

No. It is not any Assembler.

> it does not pretend to be anything else.

Yes. It pretends to be an Assembler, whereas it is not.

> Naturally, you will see HLA programmers taking advantage of the high
> level features.

I have never seen this.

> Add yourself to the list of people who will never program in assembly.
> Rosasm sources are not written in assembly. Anyone how looks will see
> that it is a form of high-level assembly.

Yes, it is, minion: Macro Assembly. And the Macros System
is so powerfull for HLL Constructs that there is little
difference with somer HLL Statements. And then?

> The fact you fail to understand is that people will take the path of
> least resistance when they program. This means using features provided
> by their chosen assembler. It it has symbolic support, they will use
> symbols rather than relying on constant offsets. If it has macros,
> those will be used. If it has structure support, structures will be
> used. Etc.

Nothing new, minion: ... and when they will have a real HLL
they will, as herbert says, use the HLL. Really nothing new.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >