From: Betov on
"sevag.krikorian(a)gmail.com" <sevag.krikorian(a)gmail.com> ?crivait

> I use HLA exactly in this fashion and it makes
> the code easier to maintain.

Prove it. This is quite easy: You show us what is produced
with your HLL Pre-Parser. Productivity is a _FACT_.

I have listed above, a couple of links to some RosAsm users
pages, showing their productions. Considering that HLA has
10 times more so called 'users' :)))))))) , where are their
Applications?

* Your window with a Menu (the one you call an IDE)...

* The pathetic text mode game, that was collectively written
right here for two years, by an idiot who never understood
at what extend he had been duped...

* ... and then?...

> A couple points to add here though.
> Anyone who uses macros in any assembler to emulate HLL statements is
> also no longer programming in assembly (for example, Betov doesn't
> program in assembly as is evident by the RosAsm code). Yet, when the
> tool provides the powerful macros, many people are inclined to use them
> as it makes programming and maintaining code much easier. In fact I
> see so few people these days coding bare-metal. Even those tend to use
> frame and invoke macros.

I did not invent the words "Macro-Assembler", minion.

Fact is that, as soon as the HLLisms are hidden inside a tool,
this is _BY DEFINITION_ an HLL, and that when the exact same
thing is achieved, by the user, through Macros, in Assembly,
this is called Macro-Assembly.

The only ones, here, who crually NEED to twist any defintion
of what is what, are the HLA defenders, who want to call their
HLL Pre-Parser an Assembler. Nothing else. From that point on,
arase, _FASM_ from your HLA folder, and explain me what HLA is
doing for you. Then, i will explain to you the reverse, that is,
i arase everything in your HLA folder, but FASM, and i will show
you what people can do with it. By the way, do you simply know
what the FASM Macros System is able to do? Do you really believe
that your HLA thingie could ever try to compete with this? Are
you that stupid?

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Herbert Kleebauer on
Evenbit wrote:

> FWIW, here is a program that demonstrates the difference between a
> binary file and a character file -- when run, it creates two files and
> you will know which one is binary and which one is character by their
> respective file names:

Maybe you can enlighten a non HLA user how this program

From: sevag.krikorian@gmail.com on

On Oct 21, 3:59 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> "sevag.krikor...(a)gmail.com" <sevag.krikor...(a)gmail.com> écrivaitnews:1161409767.372613.299340(a)m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I use HLA exactly in this fashion and it makes
> > the code easier to maintain.

>Prove it. This is quite easy: You show us what is produced
> with your HLL Pre-Parser. Productivity is a _FACT_.

The proof is in the code I've written. If anyone looks, they will see
that I infact use most of the facilities provided by HLA; procedures,
records, classes, etc. etc.
I personally find code written in this way easier to maintain than my
earlier work which was written mostly in low-level as I was learning
assembly at that time. Of course, there are also plenty of research
studies that prove structured code is easier to maintain.

> I have listed above, a couple of links to some RosAsm users
> pages, showing their productions. Considering that HLA has
> 10 times more so called 'users' :)))))))) , where are their
> Applications?

We've been through this before. Most who use HLA and just about any
other assembler program library code in support of their HLLs. The
people who program actual applications that go beyond 'demo' in an
assembly language are a minority. You can probably name them all on
your fingers.

> * Your window with a Menu (the one you call an IDE)...

Unlike you, I'm not stuck on one project for my entire assembly
programming career. Apart from my IDE, I have various other
applications libraries and demos that have at least proven useful to
some people.
Here are some I have released to the public:
HIDE
khla
kmake
Arayna
cCalc
gen
SavageEd
hidelib
guilib

These are in various stages of completion/development and in varying
degrees of usefulness. I have recieved compliments, encouragement and
critisizm for each of these projects from those who find them useful.

> * The pathetic text mode game, that was collectively written
> right here for two years, by an idiot who never understood
> at what extend he had been duped...

Sadly, everyone is not able to easily grasp the concepts of assembly.
Paul requires patience and were he still posting here, he would
continue to get incouragement at least from myself because here is a
basic programmer who found an interest in assembly and any such
interest needs to be cultivated if assembly is to have any chance.
Alas, you do everything in your power to prevent potential HLL converts
from having an active interest in assembly.

> > A couple points to add here though.
> > Anyone who uses macros in any assembler to emulate HLL statements is
> > also no longer programming in assembly (for example, Betov doesn't
> > program in assembly as is evident by the RosAsm code). Yet, when the
> > tool provides the powerful macros, many people are inclined to use them
> > as it makes programming and maintaining code much easier. In fact I
> > see so few people these days coding bare-metal. Even those tend to use
> > frame and invoke macros.

>I did not invent the words "Macro-Assembler", minion.

No, you invented some other words like "pre-parser"

> Fact is that, as soon as the HLLisms are hidden inside a tool,
> this is _BY DEFINITION_ an HLL, and that when the exact same
> thing is achieved, by the user, through Macros, in Assembly,
> this is called Macro-Assembly.

And as long as anyone uses HLLism using those macros, they are no
longer programming in assembly.

> The only ones, here, who crually NEED to twist any defintion
> of what is what, are the HLA defenders, who want to call their
> ... snip
>
> Betov.
>
> <http://rosasm.org>

There is no need to twist any definition since we are not discussing
definitions in this thread.

Here is a cap of what's going on:

1.KiLVaiDeN is distressed that HLA users tend to use the facilities
provided by HLA and when they do that, they are no longer programming
in assembly.

2. I agreed and extended the logic to include those who use macro
facilities in traditional assemblers which tends to be *most* of the
current assembly programmers and who can blame them? Why use a
sharpened stone when a steel axe is available? The ones who still
program in "assembly" you can count on one hand. Let's see... Frank,
Anne, Edgar (to some extent)... anyone else?

3.So here, two people are having a decent conversation when you barge
in and "this is this and that is that....whaa!" Let go of your blind
hatred and stay on topic, dude. The world has moved on... we miss you.

sevag.k
www.geocities.com/kahlinor

From: Evenbit on

Herbert Kleebauer wrote:
> Evenbit wrote:
>
> > FWIW, here is a program that demonstrates the difference between a
> > binary file and a character file -- when run, it creates two files and
> > you will know which one is binary and which one is character by their
> > respective file names:
>
> Maybe you can enlighten a non HLA user how this program
> demonstrates the difference between a binary file and a
> character file.

In all fairness to KiLVaiDeN, he pointed out the advantages of "binary"
over "character" in terms of what Java has builtin support for.

Just thought that I might spark the realization that a "character file"
would be a subset of the "binary file" catagory. Suppose your program
is getting input in the form of hexidecimal number strings. These
contain only the characters "ABCDEF" and "0123456789" so we only need
16 binary numerals to represent them -- so, one character will fit in a
nibble. Here we have the char-to-nibble table:

A 0000
B 0001
C 0010
D 0011
E 0100
F 0101
0 0110
1 0111
2 1000
3 1001
4 1010
5 1011
6 1100
7 1101
8 1110
9 1111

By sending the numbers from this table to a file, we also save the
characters. Thus, we have both a "character file" as well as a "binary
file".

While we are on the subject of nipples, I wonder where the lower
portion of this character file is:

http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/annie2.jpg

Does hint of those beepers make you slobber too? :)

Evenbit.

P.S. - I might be a binary entity, but I'm also a character. {pun
intended}

From: Betov on

>> * Your window with a Menu (the one you call an IDE)...
>
> Unlike you, I'm not stuck on one project for my entire assembly
> programming career. Apart from my IDE, I have various other
> applications libraries and demos that have at least proven useful to
> some people.
> Here are some I have released to the public:
> HIDE
> khla
> kmake
> Arayna
> cCalc
> gen
> SavageEd
> hidelib
> guilib

Still not even able to write a simple Source Editor
for the "window with a menu", that you call an IDE?

:)

Also, when i claim something, i am used to provide
_LINKS_, and _FACTS_.

> These are in various stages of completion/development and in varying
> degrees of usefulness.

In other words: No real Application written with your HLL
Pre-Parser.

>> * The pathetic text mode game, that was collectively written
>> right here for two years, by an idiot who never understood
>> at what extend he had been duped...
>
> Sadly, everyone is not able to easily grasp the concepts of assembly.
> Paul requires patience and were he still posting here, he would
> continue to get incouragement at least from myself because here is a
> basic programmer who found an interest in assembly and any such
> interest needs to be cultivated if assembly is to have any chance.
> Alas, you do everything in your power to prevent potential HLL
> converts from having an active interest in assembly.

He was the perfect example of the failure case of HLA. Period.
You also are a good candidate, by the way.

>> Fact is that, as soon as the HLLisms are hidden inside a tool,
>> this is _BY DEFINITION_ an HLL, and that when the exact same
>> thing is achieved, by the user, through Macros, in Assembly,
>> this is called Macro-Assembly.
>
> And as long as anyone uses HLLism using those macros, they are no
> longer programming in assembly.

Minion, they are doing "Macro-Assembly", with a "Macros-
Assembler", and i don't need to invent any definition
for stating this.

> Here is a cap of what's going on:
>
> 1.KiLVaiDeN is distressed that HLA users tend to use the facilities
> provided by HLA and when they do that, they are no longer programming
> in assembly.

Exactly what you said you are doing. Right above.

> 2. I agreed and extended the logic to include those who use macro
> facilities in traditional assemblers which tends to be *most* of the
> current assembly programmers and who can blame them? Why use a
> sharpened stone when a steel axe is available? The ones who still
> program in "assembly" you can count on one hand. Let's see... Frank,
> Anne, Edgar (to some extent)... anyone else?

Then, you are talking about "Symbolic Assembler" usage,
excluding modern "Macros Symbolic Assembler". These are
exactly the definitions.

This still does not make any HLL Pre-Parser any "Macros
Symbolic Assembler".

> 3.So here, two people are having a decent conversation when you barge
> in and "this is this and that is that....whaa!" Let go of your blind
> hatred and stay on topic, dude. The world has moved on... we miss
> you.

You understand it or not, minion, ALA is completely
overflown by guys who have never, - and who will never -
write any Application in Assembly, and who, therefore,
will never be Assembly Programmers. You belong to this
sad majority. Nothing new.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >