From: sctvguy1 on
Moshe wrote:

> Ooops!
>
> Silly me!
>
> That was the Apple iPhone 4G *not* the open source
> OpenMoko phone.
>
> BTW what ever happened to the OpenMoko?
>
> You know, the phone the Linux freetards proclaimed as
> the iPhone killer?
>
> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
>
> Linux fails once again.
Along with you, Moishe, for the showers.
From: Nigel Feltham on
Moshe wrote:

> Choice is great, but when I go into the phone store and
> see 200 phones, I get overwhelmed.

You can hardly blame Linux for that - not when 190 of them run either
Symbian or some proprietary OS developed by the handset maker (most phones
that can't run apps or only support J2ME for their apps are in this
category). This has been true ever since phones started to be switched from
analogue to GSM or national equivalents back in the mid 90's. Hey Nokia even
had phones running DOS at one point (the first couple of 9000 series
communicator models).

From: Moshe on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:20:07 -0400, TJ wrote:

> On 06/27/2010 08:24 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> jellybean stonerfish stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

>>> Is your favorite food McDonalds?
>>
>> Perhaps "Moshe" has no friends, and so cannot get opinions about the phones
>> they already have.

How about a TV? Ever look
> at any Big-Box-Mart TV display?

Sony.
There is no other TV.

There is a reason just about every broadcast house uses
Sony.

> Must be he LIKES being a sheep.

No.
I prefer *using* the product rather than wasting time
sifting through hundreds of models, many of which differ
by a few features I may never use.

From: Moshe on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:59:22 -0500, Ignoramus12901
wrote:

> On 2010-06-27, Moshe <goldee_loxnbagels(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> How about a TV? Ever look
>>> at any Big-Box-Mart TV display?
>>
>> Sony.
>> There is no other TV.
>>
>> There is a reason just about every broadcast house uses
>> Sony.
>
> Did you know that Sony Bravia TVs have linux embedded inside?

Sure do!
I had to upgrade the firmware in one and Sony sent me a
USB key. The manual also mentions Linux in the copyright
section.

FWIW embedded devices are a great place for Linux.
I've always said that.
The desktop is not.

From: Ezekiel on

"Ignoramus12901" <ignoramus12901(a)NOSPAM.12901.invalid> wrote in message
> On 2010-06-27, Moshe <goldee_loxnbagels(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> How about a TV? Ever look
>>> at any Big-Box-Mart TV display?
>>
>> Sony.
>> There is no other TV.
>>
>> There is a reason just about every broadcast house uses
>> Sony.
>
> Did you know that Sony Bravia TVs have linux embedded inside?

Not only that - the electrolytic capacitors on the inside are manufactured
by Kemet. And for 99.9% of people who buy a Sony television this is equally
significant.