From: Moshe on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:56:57 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> writes:

>> It is strange that Gary would say that he /suspects/ that I have
>> Asperger's, because I have already literally said so myself - even back
>> at the time when I was still subscribed to comp.os.linux.advocacy - and
>> he knows that. Yes, I do have Asperger Syndrome, otherwise also known
>> as high-functioning autism.
>

> What YOU have "Aragorn" is Rexxitus.

Hahahahah!
You're killing me!!

> No one reads your self praise monologues.

That's for sure.
Too long winded for me.

From: bbgruff on
Aragorn wrote:

> Just look at how this whole thread started. Well, that's actually
> incorrectly worded, because I don't know how it got started, since I am
> obviously not subscribed to comp.os.linux.advocacy (anymore).
> Apparently Flatfish+++ or one of his sock puppets started a thread
> about the OpenMoko phone, and then it got crossposted to alt.os.linux -
> where I am replying from - and to alt.os.linux.ubuntu, neither group of
> which has anything to do with OpenMoko.

On that bit (of your excellent post), please let me enlighten you:-

The troll and spammer flatfish+++ started the thread in c.o.l.a., and cross-
posted the OP to alt.os.linux.ubuntu and alt.os.linux.

He does this sort of thing because he's a troll, a spammer, and increasingly
desperate.
From: bbgruff on
Moshe wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:24:25 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> writes:
>
>>> I think Hadron Quark has an obsession with people who use a pseudonym
>>> from the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy. He has attacked me on that
>>> several times before, and I have explained just as many times already
>>> that I am using this pseudonym because it was given to me as a
>>> nickname
>>
>> No obsession. I just find those that adopt them are insufferable bores
>> and talk a lot of nonsense. You fit the bill perfectly.
>
> He definitely suffers from Asperger's.

Possibly so. It's also possible that he knows it. If he does suffer from
it, we don't suffer from him suffering from it. He is perfectly logical,
perfectly polite, and extremely reasonable.

By comparison, *you* definitely suffer from it, and *we* suffer from you
suffering from it - you are quite illogical, completely obnoxious, and
quite irrational.
From: Aragorn on
On Monday 28 June 2010 20:45 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
bbgruff wrote...

> Moshe wrote:

>>> No obsession. I just find those that adopt them are insufferable
>>> bores and talk a lot of nonsense. You fit the bill perfectly.
>>
>> He definitely suffers from Asperger's.
>
> Possibly so. It's also possible that he knows it.

Yes, I have Asperger Syndrome, also known as high-functioning autism. I
have explained this in my other reply.

> If he does suffer from it, we don't suffer from him suffering from it.
> He is perfectly logical, perfectly polite, and extremely reasonable.

Thank you. ;-)

> By comparison, *you* definitely suffer from it, and *we* suffer from
> you suffering from it - you are quite illogical, completely
> obnoxious, and quite irrational.

I don't think that this would be the consequences of Moshe's Asperger's,
provided that he does indeed have Asperger's. Like I wrote in my other
reply, a neurological condition does not define whether a person is
good or bad.

Autism (or any other condition) may serve as a catalyst, yes, in that it
brings out an individual's personality to the forefront in more
conspicuous ways, but whatever Moshe, Gary, Flatfish - or whatever he
wants to call himself - does is *his* responsibility, and his alone.
Like every human being on this planet, he has Free Will.

If Flatfish - let's just call him that for now because that's the
pseudonym most people on Usenet will known him by - has objections to
GNU/Linux and would be wanting to advocate these objections in a serene
manner, then I think he would not have come to meet this much hostility
towards him. And this does not only go for Flatfish, but for just
about every single one of the Wintrolls in comp.os.linux.advocacy.

Advocacy of any nature is in itself serene and should stay that way.
Slinging mud at eachother never has and never will lead to any kind of
consensus, let alone to mutual human respect. If these trolls were to
understand that, then Usenet would be a much nicer place to be. Alas,
they don't seem to understand that at all - or quite possibly even
worse, i.e. they don't *want* to understand it - and as such, they are
one of the most significant reasons[1] as to why Usenet's popularity is
declining and why so many ISPs are dropping Usenet from their internet
subscription offering.

[1] "One of the most significant reasons", because there are still
other significant reasons, not in the very least the use of Usenet
for the distribution of illegal and/or copyrighted content in the
binary groups. Only three things have always played a significant
role in the evolution of the world: religion, military interests
and commercial interests.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Aragorn on
On Monday 28 June 2010 17:17 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as J
G Miller wrote...

<http://www.zdnet.co.UK/news/application-development/2003/10/03/microsoft-moves-to-integrate-windows-with-bios-39116902/>

> and introduced Digital Restriction Management software to control
> what and when media can be played on your hardware?
>
> The next step will be that only MicroSloth (tm) approved hardware
> will be allowed to function with Windoze.

Or that certain motherboards would only work with Microsoft Windows, and
I am quite convinced that this is Microsoft's primary reason for this
initiative. It's not a trivial thing to replace a BIOS chip on a
motherboard.

On the other hand, Intel - which has been in league with Microsoft for
many, many years already on this "Next Generation Trusted Computing
Platform" (or whatever its called) is actively cooperating on the
development of the Linux kernel, and knowing Intel, this would not be
the case if they weren't absolutely convinced of the significance of
GNU/Linux in terms of commercial opportunities.

Therefore, I think that although such motherboards that would only work
with Windows might become a reality, there will still be a sufficiently
high enough number of motherboards which support use with a
non-Microsoft operating system.