From: Aragorn on
On Monday 28 June 2010 15:13 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
chrisv wrote...

> [...] My bread fits perfectly in my toaster, for example. [...]

In the logic of the Wintrolls, that would probably posit the
philosophical question of how the first human being to ever bake a loaf
of bread could possibly have decided to make it just the right size to,
when cut up into slices, would perfectly fit inside a toaster, a device
which was yet to be invented several thousands of years later. ;-)

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: bbgruff on
Ignoramus31989 wrote:

> Actually the number of Android shipments is not too far from iPhone
> shipments and is growing. The latest numbers are 65000 daily Android
> shipments and 97,000 iPhone shipments.
>
> http://jkontherun.com/2010/05/15/comparing-android-phone-shipments-with-
iphone-blackberry/

> I am expecting Android to overtake iPhone for simple economic reasons.

I wonder if your figures are a little out of date?
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/23/160000-android-phones-sold-daily-
market-nears-70000-applications/
From: Hadron on
Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> writes:

> On Monday 28 June 2010 15:13 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
> chrisv wrote...
>
>> [...] My bread fits perfectly in my toaster, for example. [...]
>
> In the logic of the Wintrolls, that would probably posit the
> philosophical question of how the first human being to ever bake a loaf
> of bread could possibly have decided to make it just the right size to,
> when cut up into slices, would perfectly fit inside a toaster, a device
> which was yet to be invented several thousands of years later. ;-)

There you go again. Making things up and proffering them to us as
tidbits of your amazing thought process. I'm yet to see you offer
anything that even approaches consistent with the thread in which you
poke your big nose.

What "Wintrolls" are you talking about and WHO exactly among them would
come up with that nonsense you just made up?

"People gave me the nickname Aragorn" ... *chuckle*

From: Moshe on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:41:34 -0400, wonderwhy wrote:

> On 6/25/2010 9:20 PM, Moshe wrote:
>> Ooops!
>>
>> Silly me!
>>
>> That was the Apple iPhone 4G *not* the open source
>> OpenMoko phone.
>>
>> BTW what ever happened to the OpenMoko?
>>
>> You know, the phone the Linux freetards proclaimed as
>> the iPhone killer?
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
>>
>> Linux fails once again.
>>
> There would have only 12 people there anyway. That's what linturds think
> "masses" means

I think they had pre-orders for like 10 of them but 6
people canceled.
Probably after reading that the OpenMoko couldn't
reliably make phone calls.

Only in the Linux world.
From: chrisv on
wonderwhy wrote: