From: Hadron on
RonB <ronb02NOSPAM(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Rex Ballard wrote:
>
>> It's not neccessary to stand in line for your chance to get an Android
>> powered phone.
>
> To put this in perspective, Apple pre-sold 600,000 new iPhones -- that's
> less than what Android now sells every four days (160,000 per day).

WronG : Android is not a phone. It's an OS that most buyers dont know
about. There are so many 'droid based phones with differ net OS versions
now its not funny. I look forward to you and Gortard (who is wrong
almost as often as you), queueing up to help all the different mfrs of
Android based phones port their proprietary front ends to Froyo ...

It's not a win for Linux.

From: Moshe on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 03:58:20 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> RonB <ronb02NOSPAM(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Rex Ballard wrote:
>>
>>> It's not neccessary to stand in line for your chance to get an Android
>>> powered phone.
>>
>> To put this in perspective, Apple pre-sold 600,000 new iPhones -- that's
>> less than what Android now sells every four days (160,000 per day).
>

> WronG : Android is not a phone. It's an OS that most buyers dont know
> about. There are so many 'droid based phones with differ net OS versions
> now its not funny. I look forward to you and Gortard (who is wrong
> almost as often as you), queueing up to help all the different mfrs of
> Android based phones port their proprietary front ends to Froyo ...
>
> It's not a win for Linux.

Not to mention that I said nothing about Android.

The Linux loons moved the goal posts, bbgruff in fact.
From: chrisv on
ZnU wrote:

>I agree that the kind of consolidation we saw with Windows is not really
>to anyone's advantage (except, in that case, Microsoft's). Diversity
>should exist. But the question is, at what *level* should it exist?

That's not for USENET know-it-alls and fanbois to figure-out. That's
for the free market to figure out.

>Diversity at some levels merely causes interoperability issues that
>*prevent* meaningful choice.

It normally doesn't, actually. The market usually figures it out just
fine. My bread fits perfectly in my toaster, for example. It's
unusual for a market to be so unhealthy that companies can ignore
interoperability.

--
"Over the years I had various laptops. Never once a problem with XP on
them." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark
From: sctvguy1 on
Moshe wrote:

I get overwhelmed.

By Zyklon B, hopefully.

From: chrisv on
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> jellybean stonerfish wrote:
>>
>> mentally-ill troll wrote:
>>>
>>> Choice is great, but when I go into the phone store and see 200 phones,
>>> I get overwhelmed.

Funny, my teenaged daughter didn't have that problem.

>> Is your favorite food McDonalds?

Alpo, more likely.

>Perhaps "Moshe" has no friends, and so cannot get opinions about the phones
>they already have.

Even his shrink hates him.

--
"choice : for the brain dead." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark