From: Moshe on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:55:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> writes:
>
>> On Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 09:25:19h -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>>
>>> A platform controlled by Microsoft will be more open to alternatives.
>>
>> And how is this reflected in the way that Microsoft have taken steps
>> to control the BIOS
>>
>> <http://www.zdnet.co.UK/news/application-development/2003/10/03/microsoft-moves-to-integrate-windows-with-bios-39116902/>
>>
>> and introduced Digital Restriction Management software to control
>> what and when media can be played on your hardware?
>>
>> The next step will be that only MicroSloth (tm) approved hardware
>> will be allowed to function with Windoze.
>
> DRM is not MS's invention. It's there for a reason.

Freetards don't like paying for things.
From: Moshe on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:24:25 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> writes:

>> I think Hadron Quark has an obsession with people who use a pseudonym
>> from the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy. He has attacked me on that
>> several times before, and I have explained just as many times already
>> that I am using this pseudonym because it was given to me as a
>> nickname
>
> No obsession. I just find those that adopt them are insufferable bores
> and talk a lot of nonsense. You fit the bill perfectly.

He definitely suffers from Asperger's.
From: Aragorn on
On Monday 28 June 2010 16:09 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
bbgruff wrote...

> Moshe wrote:
>
>> I suspect Aragron suffers from Aspergers syndrome.
>> He seems to have a few of the traits.
>
> Possibly.
> I'm pretty sure that *you* do, flatfish.

It is strange that Gary would say that he /suspects/ that I have
Asperger's, because I have already literally said so myself - even back
at the time when I was still subscribed to comp.os.linux.advocacy - and
he knows that. Yes, I do have Asperger Syndrome, otherwise also known
as high-functioning autism.

I don't know whether Gary/Moshe/Flatfish+++ would be afflicted with
Asperger's himself or not. He /also/ does show some of the traits, and
if I remember correctly then he is quite a dedicated musician - as am
I - and many dedicated musicians are indeed on the autism spectrum.
For instance - although this has not been officially established
insofar as I know - if you look at Steve Vai, both in terms of his
youth and in terms of the dedication and almost fanaticism by which he
still keeps on practicing - at some point he was playing the guitar for
at least ten hours every day - then he would also classify as an Aspie.

That said, being on the autism spectrum does not make one a better or
worse person. Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Thomas
Edison, Ludwig von Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and many others
did in retrospect show signs of being high-functioning autistics, and
even Richard Stallman shows very clear signs of Asperger's, and Steven
Spielberg and George Lucas are both said to be Aspies as well - there
are quite a few amusing stories about Albert Einstein's Aspie traits,
by the way[1] - but then again, so did Adolf Hitler, and so does Bill
Gates - whose ethics are also quite questionable.

Autism is a pervasive neurological condition - I don't even like the
word "disorder" in this context - which affects the way the person
handles neurological input. It does not make one a better person, nor
does it make one a bad person. And if Gary/Moshe has Asperger's, then
I will be the last person in the world to attack him on that. If he's
an Aspie, then that's just part of how his brain works, no more, no
less.

What Gary *does* on Usenet is his own responsibility, not that of his
Asperger Syndrome - provided that he would indeed be afflicted with it.
Asperger Syndrome is just a condition. Autism is pervasive and can
thus not be separated from the individual, but it does not define *who*
one is. It only defines how one deals with neurological input.

[1] Although perfectly capable of communicating in German as well as
the children of his age, Albert Einstein was known not to have
spoken a single word before the age of three, and from then on he
only spoke when he felt that he had something to say. He also
refused to wear socks because of how they felt to his feet, and
he was once "caught" giving a lecture before an empty auditorium
just because he was scheduled to be teaching at that moment while
there was nobody there to attend his course. So he simply
pretended that there were people in the auditorium and started
teaching to the empty seats, complete with written formulas on the
blackboard and all. ;-)

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Hadron on
Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> writes:

> On Monday 28 June 2010 16:09 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
> bbgruff wrote...
>
>> Moshe wrote:
>>
>>> I suspect Aragron suffers from Aspergers syndrome.
>>> He seems to have a few of the traits.
>>
>> Possibly.
>> I'm pretty sure that *you* do, flatfish.
>
> It is strange that Gary would say that he /suspects/ that I have
> Asperger's, because I have already literally said so myself - even back
> at the time when I was still subscribed to comp.os.linux.advocacy - and
> he knows that. Yes, I do have Asperger Syndrome, otherwise also known
> as high-functioning autism.

What YOU have "Aragorn" is Rexxitus.

No one reads your self praise monologues.

Get it treated. Waffling off on the net and bigging yourself up to
people who aren't listening is no way to go through life son....

Now, how many matchsticks are there on the floor? ....
From: chrisv on
TomB wrote:

> Hadron quacked:
>>
>> Aragorn writes:
>>>
>>> Well, there is no contradiction. GNU/Linux was not intended as an
>>> alternative to Windows, because it's a UNIX-family operating system,
>>> and it was intended as an alternative to proprietary UNIX.
>>
>> Instant fail "Aragorn".
>
>Why is that, "Hadron"?

Well, because the "true Linux advocate" said so, that's why!

--
"In this case they don't want a choice. They already chose. They want
a Windows PC." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark