First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Format method
Trying to use the format method in vb.net to oconvert a double to string of 4 places I tried: Format(CStr(dHeightOfStone), "x.xxxx") and: Format(CStr(dHeightOfStone), "#.####") It returns "x.xxxx" or "#.####" instead of "36.1875" (or whatever number was input) any tips? thanks mark ... 17 Mar 2010 20:00
Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TR... 17 Mar 2010 15:58
what happens when a digital certificate expires
I think I'm forced to digitally sign my ClickOnce manifest and assembly for a windows forms application (see yesterday's post, 'click once deployment cannot continue'. This seems like a stupid question, but in all the articles I've read, I can't find what happens to a user when the digital certificate expires.... 17 Mar 2010 18:43
Backup SQL Database Through Code In VB.NET
Using the SQL SMO object we can easily take backup of SQL database through code.To find the codes plz check th link below: http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/Backup-SQL-Database-Through-Code-In-VBNET-846.php MikeTI wrote: Backup of Remote SQL Server using VB Net Code 26-Jan-10 Jan 26, 2010 Hi all I am ... 17 Mar 2010 06:54
Click Once deployment - cannot continue. the application is improperly formatted
I am using clickonce to publish a windows forms application developed in VB.net VS2008. I am getting the above error during installation. The .NET Framework (3.5) is installed during the application installation. The application is not signed. - I noticed in the error details the mention that the "manifest... 18 Mar 2010 07:05
Build fails for setup project
Hi I added a setup project to a winform vb.net app which otherwise builds fine. Once the setup project is added to the solution, however, the build fails with the following error; Unrecoverable build error As there does not seem to be much information I can't figure what the problem is. What can I do fro... 16 Mar 2010 07:58
What APIs?
What APIs did you use? I am trying to figure this out also. zzz wrote: I did it using API....if u can find another way let me know please ;) 08-Mar-10 I did it using API....if u can find another way let me know please ;) Previous Posts In This Thread: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Develope... 15 Mar 2010 18:11
GetPrivateProfileSection
Hello, I'm converting an old VB6 program to VB.NET and I have a problem with the Win32 function GetProvateProfileSection I use this code: Dim pBuffer As IntPtr pBuffer = Marshal.AllocCoTaskMem(MaxIniBuffer) bytesRead = GetPrivateProfileSection(m_sSection, pBuffer, MaxIniBuffer, m_sPath) If (... 15 Mar 2010 18:11
Programmatically interact with website
In general I am trying to learn how to programmatically interact with software for which I am not aware of a rich library of predefined classes and objects. I thought a good excersize would be opening a website, entering a string into a search box and submitting the search request. (A little background, I am not ... 15 Mar 2010 04:37
Encrypt a Key in app.config
The following code encrypts the entire section of <appSettings> in app.config. How do I encrypt only a Key (MyKey) in that section; not the entire section? e.g. <add key="MyKey" value="MyKeyValue" /> Private Sub ProtectSection(ByVal sSectionName As [String]) Dim config As Configuration = Configura... 12 Mar 2010 17:20