First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
datareceived event is not fired
Hi, I'm using a serial port control with bytethreshold=8 I'd expect the event is fired everytime i get new 8 bytes, instead in byte to read i get also 40 bytes but sometime the event is not fired. I'd wish to know the reason and how could I solve this problem. Thanks ... 1 Mar 2010 06:59
How Do I Share Data Files?
I need to deploy an application which shares data among all users of a computer. I thought I could do that by putting the data file in the Common Application Data folder. However, that doesn't work because Vista is using virtualization to make a unique copy of the file for each user, so it isn't being shared. Ho... 1 Mar 2010 00:28
using a single module or form in multiple projects
Hi, I have a project that I have developed, and I want to create a new project that will use about 50% of the code and form objects in the first project ? Is there a way to share a module or form accross multiple projects ? Thanks ... 28 Feb 2010 22:17
Button.PerformClick
Hi, Using VB2003.NET. I've got a TabControl with 3 tabs. On one tab is some status information and on the other two tabs, some data related to settings. I've got a timer and whenever it ticks, I see how long it has been since a certain automatic action has occured (trying to connect to a device across th... 28 Feb 2010 13:22
Setup in vs 2010
Hi Is setup project significantly better in vs2010? Thanks Regards ... 2 Mar 2010 13:34
Class Inheritance Issue
Hi Group I think that what I would like to do is not possible. I would like to create a class with four possible sub classes which must inherit data from the master class. In the first class I would like to do some work which would then instantiate one of the four sub classes without calling New in the first cla... 8 Mar 2010 10:50
Problem Removing Item
Hi I'm new to VB.Net and I'm wondering if there is any function available that will remove a troll called Paul Clement (MVP) from the VB6 newsgroup? Mike ... 1 Mar 2010 08:05
Creating icons
Hi all, I have vb code below which convert image to icon but there are two problem with this. One when i try to save 16 x 16 size icons, it creates black bacground whith that icon. Two it saves 32 x 32 icon ok but in different colours from the original image colours. I'll be very greateful if any friend has sult... 28 Feb 2010 10:00
Concurrency violation handling in data adapter
Hi When one updates an adapter like DataAdapter.Update(DataTable) and one gets the concurrency violation error, what is the recommended method to resolve the violation gracefully? A code segment would be very much appreciated. Many Thanks Regards ... 28 Feb 2010 03:29
Deleting record from bindingsource
Hi I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source TblClientsBindingSource. The binding source has a data table as its data source as per below code; dAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM tblClients WHERE ...", Conn) dAdapter.Fill(dTable) TblClientsBindingSource.DataSource = dTable... 28 Feb 2010 03:29