From: John Navas on
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:36:37 -0500, in
<a11736pbgaoj44424e0b57hr1ikpkpo279(a)4ax.com>, RichB
<richardb(a)plaxton.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:11:54 -0700, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com>
>wrote:

>>The problem is that most MicroSD cards are dog slow --
>>SD cards can be much faster.
>
>I wouldn't say "dog slow" (not only because I can never catch my dogs when
>I try) but only a little slower than the equivalently rated speeds on
>full-sized cards. Though I don't understand why this is so. In that older
>Sony camera the speed of even Class-2 cards is not an issue. In that one I
>will use them as standard storage but in other newer cameras that create
>larger files or have video modes, remember, this is my backup-emergency
>stockpile. Even then they're still fast enough to record video. They just
>slow down burst rates a little is all.

FWIW, I can easily see the difference in speed between typical Class 2
MicroSD and SanDisk Extreme III SD cards in my Panasonic DMC-FZ28, not
to mention the card reader in my ThinkPad T61p, where the difference is
huge.

--
John

"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
[Wethern�s Law of Suspended Judgement]
From: John Navas on
On 6 Jul 2010 20:31:12 GMT, in <89hi4gF852U32(a)mid.individual.net>, ray
<ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:42:29 -0700, John Navas wrote:

>> There's a big difference between internal documentation and external
>> documentation.
>
>For putting the information out, why does there need to be?
>
>> Releasing involves quality control and legal costs.
>
>Doesn't need to: "Here is a copy of our internal documentation - use at
>your own risk and discretion."

That may sound good in theory, but in practice there's much more
downside than upside, especially in terms of potential legal costs as
well as support costs. For example, you can't claim trade secret
protection if it can be shown that you didn't protect them as secrets.
And trade secret issues aside, I know of a real example where released
internal documentation resulted in a very big legal problem. ( If I
told you more, I'd have to kill you. ;)

From: John Navas on
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:40:39 -0500, in
<nh17369ljvbe39a28jbuiiehsgdu5t7m5e(a)4ax.com>, LOL! <lol(a)lol.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:39:34 -0700, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:33:10 -0700, in
>><4c335abd$0$22112$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, SMS
>><scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The problem in rec.photo.digital is that our favorite troll(s) have a
>>>cursory knowledge (at best) of digital photography (and photography in
>>>general) but they have an almost desperate need to try to convince
>>>others that their personal choice of equipment is the best for everyone.
>>
>>You've described yourself perfectly.
>
>And I noticed that I taught him a new word, "cursory", when I recently used
>it in one of my posts that he says he always filters.

He might well have seen it quoted in a post by someone else.

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 15:18:10 -0700, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:40:39 -0500, in
><nh17369ljvbe39a28jbuiiehsgdu5t7m5e(a)4ax.com>, LOL! <lol(a)lol.org> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:39:34 -0700, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:33:10 -0700, in
>>><4c335abd$0$22112$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, SMS

>>>You've described yourself perfectly.
>>
>>And I noticed that I taught him a new word, "cursory", when I recently used
>>it in one of my posts that he says he always filters.
>
>He might well have seen it quoted in a post by someone else.

Amazing that someone would consider "cursory" to be a word special
enough for someone to use only after seeing it in a newsgroup post.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: SMS on
On 06/07/10 4:14 PM, tony cooper wrote:

<snip>

> Amazing that someone would consider "cursory" to be a word special
> enough for someone to use only after seeing it in a newsgroup post.

LOL, it's not amazing considering who it was that thought that it's a
special word! Our favorite trolls never fail to amuse!