From: John Navas on
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:29:02 -0700, in
<4c33bc33$0$22108$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, SMS
<scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>On 06/07/10 4:14 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Amazing that someone would consider "cursory" to be a word special
>> enough for someone to use only after seeing it in a newsgroup post.
>
>LOL, it's not amazing considering who it was that thought that it's a
>special word! Our favorite trolls never fail to amuse!

You do indeed.

--
John

"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain
"A little learning is a dangerous thing." -Alexander Pope
"Being ignorant is not so much a shame,
as being unwilling to learn." -Benjamin Franklin
From: Peter on
"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:23:26 -0800, in <87630sttgx.fld(a)apaflo.com>,
> floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
>
>>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>>Documenting, releasing, and supporting specs *increases* costs.
>>
>>Manufacturing products increases costs too, in the same way!
>>
>>Use your head John. If you sell more product at a higher profit,
>>it may "raise costs" but also increases profit too.
>
> Only if there is sufficient revenue to more than offset the costs.

Sit down John!

I completely agree with you on that issue: Most of the other guys are just
looking for something for nothing.

--
Peter

From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-07-06, krishnananda wrote:
> In article <89gu75F852U27(a)mid.individual.net>, ray <ray(a)zianet.com>
> wrote:
>> No comment on your ignorance about number of Linux users.
>
> Oh, my mistake. The _6_ people who use Linux as a desktop etc. etc.

I know hundreds of Linux desktop Linux users in one city alone.
(And that's probably a small percentage of those who use it.)

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: =======================
From: nospam on
In article <89i2oqF8kiU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Chris F.A. Johnson
<cfajohnson(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> No comment on your ignorance about number of Linux users.
> >
> > Oh, my mistake. The _6_ people who use Linux as a desktop etc. etc.
>
> I know hundreds of Linux desktop Linux users in one city alone.
> (And that's probably a small percentage of those who use it.)

hundreds! that many??

now go look at how many mac and windows users there are.
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-07-07, nospam wrote:

>> > Oh, my mistake. The _6_ people who use Linux as a desktop etc. etc.
>>
>> I know hundreds of Linux desktop Linux users in one city alone.
>> (And that's probably a small percentage of those who use it.)
>
> hundreds! that many??

And that's only those I know personally.

> now go look at how many mac and windows users there are.

Who cares?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>