First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Colour Code Folders?
When you open My Computer and see all the folders on a particular drive - can you colour code them or put an icon on to speed up your searching? Thank you. Patti ... 13 Mar 2010 06:27
view large icons not sticking
My friend has his desktop icons filed in folders, such as video, audio, and so on (i. e. he has lots of video-editing prog.s' icons inside a desktop folder called "video" - keeps the desktop tidier). He likes his normal Explorer window to show files in the "details" mode, but when he opens one of these desktop... 7 Mar 2010 01:00
add/remove programs not populating ...
My friend's (XP) computer has just started this symptom: add/remove comes up, but then just sits there. It does _not_ say "please wait while list is populated". If we try the "windows components" part, that _does_ appear. We did a restart in safe mode, and then it _did_ populate. But coming back to normal mo... 7 Mar 2010 08:31
Microsoft public windows 7 newsgroup
Are there any out there? thanks\ sharkman -- ... 5 Mar 2010 16:15
Model: WD5000AADS
Hi folks. I am sitting at my computer with the second hard drive of the same model number on my desk. The same computer is producing the same symptoms as the first hard drive during an XP Home install. The computer was working ok before with a smaller hard drive. I searched google and found many people rep... 5 Mar 2010 07:14
XP Home Recovery Console
I am trying to repair someones computer using Recovery Console using chkdsk /r . The process starts and reaches some 61% and then reverts to 50% then goes again. The last time I saw this happen in this same computer it did that 3 times then I think it failed. This is the second new 500GB sat hard drive installe... 5 Mar 2010 21:50
My activation Key missing
I was purchased Windows XP Professional but my Activation Key is missing i am not installation of this product please suggest us. ... 2 Mar 2010 18:07
Dual instances of printer in "Printers and Faxes."
I am in process of cleaning up my XP/3 after a disaster. I have two instances of two printers in "Printers and Faxes." How can I remove one each of these instances? I have tried a simple Delete from the right key of the icon. In each case I receive a "Deleting" notice which appears to be permanent. ie: the 2nd ... 27 Feb 2010 14:22
Microsoft XPS Document Writer, Webx Document Loader.
These appear in Printers and Faxes. What are they? Do I need them? Many thanks, Peter ... 28 Feb 2010 18:58
How to restore computer to state before Windows 7 Dual Boot
As a trial, I installed Windows 7 on a second hard drive in the removable system tray, and when it installed itself, it created what appears to be a WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER. Essentially, it allows you to select Windows 7 (default) or the OLD WINDOWS SYSTEM (XP). How can I remove this boot manager so that the comput... 27 Feb 2010 09:55